Nassau County Fire Marshal testing NCPD P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I have noticed an increase on the Fire Talk Groups on the Nassau Police P25 system this week.

Due to this increase, I was able to log TG 4021 as the Fire Marshal's TG. Multiple Fire Marshal radios coming on the air with "Fire Marshal ## Test", and once in a while FireComm will do a radio test with the field unit.

The FD talk groups has been unencrypted for some time. They are currently testing with no encryption. Hopefully the fire talk groups remain unencrypted. But - Lake Success and Freeport PD's were also unencrypted at one point too, and now they aren't.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I have noticed an increase on the Fire Talk Groups on the Nassau Police P25 system this week.

Due to this increase, I was able to log TG 4021 as the Fire Marshal's TG. Multiple Fire Marshal radios coming on the air with "Fire Marshal ## Test", and once in a while FireComm will do a radio test with the field unit.

The FD talk groups has been unencrypted for some time. They are currently testing with no encryption. Hopefully the fire talk groups remain unencrypted. But - Lake Success and Freeport PD's were also unencrypted at one point too, and now they aren't.

Thanks for your diligence in keeping an eye on this Phil. Let’s hope they stay unencrypted (after all, it’s not law enforcement, it’s FD comms, I can’t think of anything too sensitive with that but you never know). This may push me to finally get a digital scanner…:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.