SDS100/SDS200: Nassau County listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBeCinYa

Visiting Fernandina Beach and brought my SDS100. Using Zip code I’m not picking up much at all on entire county systems. I know the Sheriffs office is silent but are fire/rescue too? I did hear a little on a lifeguard channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
When I was there in Nassau County back in August 2018 hardly hear anything on that system. I did hear NCFR on/off depending on time of day or evening.

WeBeCinYa

SDS100 is pretty much a brick here. Too bad.

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure how the SDS100 is a brick if it does not monitor Fernandina Beach PD or Nassau County Sheriff since they are encrypted.
It appears to work for Fire/Rescue but the scanner cannot control listening if they are not that busy.

WeBeCinYa

I am not sure how the SDS100 is a brick if it does not monitor Fernandina Beach PD or Nassau County Sheriff since they are encrypted.
It appears to work for Fire/Rescue but the scanner cannot control listening if they are not that busy.

Yes it’s useless, or any scanner for that matter here. EMS and Fire has hardly any traffic so I figured they are now ENC or super slow. I’ve heard a couple calls on fire channel but if that’s all I could listen to here I’d take up kite flying.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Jacksonville Fire Rescue is in the clear and should be receivable from that location. It will keep your scanner busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.