National Boy Scout Jamboree at the Summit: Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmh

We should get lots of activity on the scanner during this....

" Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin today issued a proclamation enabling the rapid deployment, if necessary, of additional emergency services in Fayette, Greenbrier, McDowell, Mercer, Monroe, Nicholas, Raleigh, Summers and Wyoming counties beginning July 14, 2013 and continuing through July 26, 2013. During the Jamboree,"

Governor Tomblin Continues to Prepare for the National Scout Jamboree

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I'm sure more will light up since I'm in Fayette County and will report on anything that might be new will popup(but then maybe not...)

drmh

I have seen some info on the amateur radio stuff they will be doing.....
Not sure what all this but I guess we will be able to receive most of the amateur radio stuff?

Summit Repeater Frequencies
Repeater

Output Frequency

Tone
2 m FM 146.700 MHz 123.0 Hz
70 cm FM 444.025 MHz 123.0 Hz
70 cm D-Star 441.8125 MHz Not applicable

On the Air Frequencies:

SSB in MHz: 28.390, 24.960, 21.360, 18.140, 14.290, 7.190, 3.940

PSK-31 in MHz: 28.120, 24.920, 21.080, 18.100, 14.070, 10.142, 7.080, 3.580

EchoLink: K2BSA-R Demonstration Station (node 4566), WV8BSA-R VHF Repeater (node 6544), W6BSA-R UHF Repeater (node 9877), Conference *JOTA-365* (node 480809)

D-Star: WV8BSA and Reflector 033A

CW: There will be limited operation on CW as time permits. See More info here : Guidelines for Amateur Radio Operators

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
They probably will primarily use the 2m stuff with 146.7 which is the ansted tower IF they are even going to be doing any radio at all,and yes I can listen in with my Pro 106,I don't think they will be doing any at all.

drmh

I've done some more reading about this and I read found..... repeaters at The Summit near Mount Hope, West Virginia. These three repeaters were provided by Icom America as part of their sponsorship of the Boy Scouts of America and their support to the 2013 National Scout Jamboree. They will remain in place for the next several years supporting not only the Jamboree but all events at The Summit as well as the local community.

empire550

Premium Subscriber
www.k2bsa.net

This should explain the frequencies used for amateur radio.

Operations for the event will not be using them. They will be on other systems or frequencies.

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
Lots of scout jamboree activity on WVNG TG 9501 and 146.700 Repeater.
Jamboree net on 146.700 at 7:30 PM...lots of Echolink checkins from around the country.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I could have sworn that a year ago or more somebody submitted information regarding a ton of frequencies (conventional) that would be in use up at the Summit. I also could have sworn they were entered into the DB. But I don't see them anywhere in Fayette or Raleigh Co.

Jess -- what happened to that nice big list of conventional stuff for the Summit? I don't think I'm mistaken. I'm fairly certain it was a very detailed list of conventional radio frequencies to be used up at the Summit.

Mike

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I could have sworn that a year ago or more somebody submitted information regarding a ton of frequencies (conventional) that would be in use up at the Summit. I also could have sworn they were entered into the DB. But I don't see them anywhere in Fayette or Raleigh Co.

Jess -- what happened to that nice big list of conventional stuff for the Summit? I don't think I'm mistaken. I'm fairly certain it was a very detailed list of conventional radio frequencies to be used up at the Summit.

Mike

They are under the Summit Bechtel page on other state agencies. The TG's are under Fayette County.

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring and recording all from Beckley...no hits to date, probably too far away for UHF simplex..
Harry

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
They are under the Summit Bechtel page on other state agencies. The TG's are under Fayette County.

Oh Ok. In that case, I'd recommend that those who are within earshot and who are really interested in hearing what is going on up there during the Jambo (or who might be going to the event and carry a scanner, if that's even possible/allowed) take a look at the link Jess posted above for the conventional freqs. If I was within earshot, I'd find it interesting to listen to all of that stuff.

Mike

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
Glen jean Site is the "hot spot" for the Jamboree. Several unknown TGs active...8502 seems to be the main dispatch on site, Heard activity on 8501, 8502, 8503, 8506 and 8506. Glen Jean Site is a stretch from my location but I found a spot in the house that is pretty consistent.
Harry

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
Also 8544 and 8559 (sounded like the camp commanders or admin).
Also something weird...definitely BSA traffic on 453.5625 (Beaver VFD or Site 031 Beckley SIRN)
Lots of activity...

Status
Not open for further replies.