Nationwide test of the wireless emergency alert & emergency alert systems on 9/20/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
Yeah FEMA could get hacked and the Aliens have landed in Grovers Mill NJ.. :)
This guys gets it. The citizenry at large has already been duped en masse in 1940 by Orson Welles. You should be more afraid of your neighbor's inability to differentiate fact from fiction before fearing FEMA.

Linkero

Yeah FEMA could get hacked and the Aliens have landed in Grovers Mill NJ.. :)

This guys gets it. The citizenry at large has already been duped en masse in 1940 by Orson Welles. You should be more afraid of your neighbor's inability to differentiate fact from fiction before fearing FEMA.

I've heard the stories and can only imagine what it must of been like. I am actually afraid of my neighbors lack of common sense when it comes to a situation like that. They can't even figure out how to change a tire!

ipfd320

Banned
Well I didnt get the wireless text message on my cell *(at&t)* carrier at 2:18 but at 2:21 *(cbs tv in florida)* Sent out the National Point to Point Message--on the Other Tv i had on WPBF and Nothing from Them

No on AT&T

Well I didnt get the wireless text message on my cell *(at&t)* carrier at 2:18 but at 2:21 *(cbs tv in florida)* Sent out the National Point to Point Message--on the Other Tv i had on WPBF and Nothing from Them

No on AT&T in CT.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Was on a HAM frequency at the time and some people got it on Verizon and ATT and T and some did not. I did not and I have ATT@T

I guess they are still testing the system

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Was on a HAM frequency at the time and some people got it on Verizon and ATT and T and some did not. I did not and I have ATT@T
I guess Thanos used his gauntlet.

I received it using Xfinity (Piggy back on Verizon)

w2xq

Mentor
I was in a crowded supermarket parking lot and the alert set off phones all over the area. A lot of unknowing people reached for their devices. Clearly not all carriers transmitted the alert at the same, as phones were first sounding off over a minute or so.

wd9ewk

Hi!

I got the phone alert on my mobile phone, using the T-Mobile network, in Scottsdale AZ at 11:18am PDT. A couple of minutes later, a TV using Cox Cable service had an interruption, with English audio and English/Spanish on-screen prompts. An SDRplay RSP1A with HDSDR listened to two National Weather Service stations - KEC94 on 162.550 MHz in Phoenix AZ, and WWG41 on 162.425 MHz on Mt. Ord near Payson AZ (northeast of Phoenix). An alert signal came through on 162.550, but only four seconds of crummy audio before another signal and resumption of normal weather reporting. For several minutes after that, I never heard an alert on 162.425 MHz.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
My muted cell phone did not sound audible alert.
It did vibrate twice even though vibrate was also turned off.
My HP-2 set to monitor Weather 162.550 did not go off.

The message I received from the President asked if I was interested in submitting my name to be nominated to the Supreme Court!

KB7MIB

Hi!

I got the phone alert on my mobile phone, using the T-Mobile network, in Scottsdale AZ at 11:18am PDT. A couple of minutes later, a TV using Cox Cable service had an interruption, with English audio and English/Spanish on-screen prompts. An SDRplay RSP1A with HDSDR listened to two National Weather Service stations - KEC94 on 162.550 MHz in Phoenix AZ, and WWG41 on 162.425 MHz on Mt. Ord near Payson AZ (northeast of Phoenix). An alert signal came through on 162.550, but only four seconds of crummy audio before another signal and resumption of normal weather reporting. For several minutes after that, I never heard an alert on 162.425 MHz.

My PSR-500 had its alert go off from KEC94 on 162.550, when I pressed F-1 (Listen) they were giving notice of a severe storm in Yuma County. The display said national test or something similar.

My cell on Verizon's network also alerted.

John
Peoria, AZ

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Both my personal and work cell phones (Verizon) alerted right on time. The FM broadcast radio station I was listening to alerted about two minutes later.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Now this is weird. I just checked my 'Nokia Lumina' phone that's been out of service for the better part of two years (cancelled my Verizon account), and what do you know! I got the test alert message anyway, as well as an Amber Alert from last week.

12dbsinad

I wonder if anyone smashed their mobile devices when they received the alert like Hillary Clinton did when trying to hide yoga emails...?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Now this is weird. I just checked my 'Nokia Lumina' phone that's been out of service for the better part of two years (cancelled my Verizon account), and what do you know! I got the test alert message anyway, as well as an Amber Alert from last week.

The alert is a broadcast from the cell site. It’s not targeting specific phones so this isn’t surprising.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I was in a conference in Phoenix AZ with about 100 other telecom engineers, analysts, technicians, etc. In other words, people that know how to set things up correctly.

At exactly 11:18 local, every phone in the room went off at the same time. Didn't matter the carrier, phone model, software etc. Worked just like it was supposed to.

Except mine. AT&T iPhone 8, 12.0IOS. One of my guys has the same phone/software/carrier, his worked.
We all had a good laugh about that. I guess statistically I'm dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.