• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Navy develops two-way radio communication for submerged submarines

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

Good article! My favorite part was the comment at the end though :lol: :

Frank Humpal said:
Being a former submariner I am glad to here they have two way communications but wonder how they solved the problem of that giant wire cutter at the back of the boat. We went through a lot of floating antenna cable. When things didn't go as planned

Don_Burke

I can remember when we got 2400bps communications.

We thought we had died and gone to heaven. :)

None of the boats I was on went through all that many wires.

dsviper22

W00T!! Now we can respond to email's and family grams at pd! :D

Who wants more corn on the COB? :D

Last edited:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
car2back said:
Good article! My favorite part was the comment at the end though :lol: :
The new subs use ducted pumps ;)

Find me a picture of seawolf or a virginia class in drydock WITHOUT the tail-end of it covered up in tarps or other obstructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.