NCPD 400Mhz not simulcasting P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
It looks like NCPD stopped simulcasting their new 500Mhz P25 system on their old UHF channels.

PRO96COM still shows activity on their system, but my conventional radio is completely silent.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I just went through my own personal archives and it seems that NCPD stopped simulcasting at 0700hrs this morning.

bkantor

Yikes, I've only heard encrypted comms on the 500Mhz channels...I guess that is the end of monitoring Nassau County. Scary trend - I hope our radios don't become useless antiques in a few years.

Bob

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
On my ride home tonight, all precinct and highway UHF channels were active and in the clear [of course].
The TRS also displayed active talk groups and UIDs. As of now they haven't pulled the trigger, yet!

bkantor

Whew, me too - have been hearing the old 47x.xxx analog channels today. Hopefully not a short reprieve from the eventual encrypted channels.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
There might be a back door way to monitor NCPD on a limited bases when they turn off the legacy system. For a short time the 1st & 7th pct was simulcast on NYC's Mutual Aid ch1 [formally known as City Wide I/O] this past Monday. This might be the way NYPD gets to talk direct with any NCPD channel/talk group. Not to happen very often for sure, but somthing to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.