NE WyHP C, LQ Divisions on one Tlkgrp???

Status
Not open for further replies.

whp3310

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone in the NE Section notice that WyHP of Divisions C, LQ have all gone to C Talkgroup (19879). I'm just wondering if they merged the Divisions and If the LQ talkgroup has gone quite for anyone east of Buffalo. I have been hearing a lot of mixed traffic from Sundance(LQ) and Gillette(LQ) on the Sheridan/Buffalo(C) talkgroup for the last few days since Sunday or Saturday.

swm77662

Radio

The radios are assigned to vehicles, so if a district 3 vehicle travels to district 1 it can still access the system but it "drags" that agency's district 3 traffic over to district 1 towers. Now if someone in district 1 is scanning for district 3 traffic they will hear it.

whp3310

Hello, thank you for your replies,

Mtnguy, I agree with you that they have patched the talkgroups.

SWM, I too agree with yours on the dragging issue, but the scanning has me confused, Wouldn't that too tie up communications and put the officers at risk?

Again, Thank you for your replies thus far.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
It can simply be that some operations where combined due to dispatch staffing issues, or that there was a lack of capacity.

My guess would be that with very little traffic they put everyone on one talkgroup. This happens often on midnight tours in many agencies.

This is not "dragging" of talkgroups. More appropriately called "affiliation" and is a standard feature on wide area trunking systems. WyoLink discourages users from traveling around the state with their radios on dispatch talkgroups so that sites are not unnecessarily used and limiting capacity.

Some systems have talkgroup limitations (Colorado does this) so that radios on dispatch talkgroups only work on local or regional sites, but mutual aid is unrestricted.

Looking at the WHP website and google, I do not see any mention of troop mergers.

Again, logical shot in the dark is that they combined dispatch positions if staffing required it.

Operationally, not really a big deal. WHP radio traffic as a whole is pretty light.

Status
Not open for further replies.