Nebraska (Statewide) Wireless Interoperable Network "N-WIN"

autovon

Ø
Fairly certain I heard Cass County dispatch calling the state on HQ ROC TG 50000 today. First time i've heard that.

stancol2

Heard Hamilton County on C-ROC call just last week. Dispatcher identified herself as 'Aurora'. Dispatcher was talking directly to NSP officer.

33kracing

Heard Hamilton County on C-ROC call just last week. Dispatcher identified herself as 'Aurora'. Dispatcher was talking directly to NSP officer.

Happens not all the time but on a regular basis lately it seems starting to hear different agencies talking with nsp. Just last summer I heard buffalo county sheriff deputies patch connected to nsp via the dispatch. That was interesting becuz they use mdc-1200 pre transmit... But it did not go through on the p25 side of the patch. And the trooper and deputy were able to apprehend their suspect much quicker than via cell phones

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
I'm considering buying a radio shack pro 106. I used to have one but was dead receiving vhf. Did fine on 800. Anyways I'm curious if anyone is using the pro 106 handheld to monitor the nebraska state system. Does it seem to perform ok? Thanks

33kracing

I'm considering buying a radio shack pro 106. I used to have one but was dead receiving vhf. Did fine on 800. Anyways I'm curious if anyone is using the pro 106 handheld to monitor the nebraska state system. Does it seem to perform ok? Thanks

I used to have one until I sold it for a fancy dancy uniden bcd996xt. but as far as a pro106 goes... as long as you program the control channels for your state radio system... scan away!!

scannernut09

Hey guys been awhile since I have posted. I am looking at getting a digital scanner to listen to the state patrol and my county sheriff ( I live in Thayer county) sounds like everything is going encrypted is it still worth getting one?

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
NSP's primary dispatchers channels are unencrypted. They due use their encrypted talk groups for running people, car to car, speed traps (with and without aircraft), SWAT, ISO, special events and when a dispatcher or trooper believes a secure talk group is needed.
NSP does have a nasty habit of assigning secure talk groups when assisting other agencies which is very stupid. Nothing like putting yourself on an island when assisting another agency.

33kracing

NSP's primary dispatchers channels are unencrypted. They due use their encrypted talk groups for running people, car to car, speed traps (with and without aircraft), SWAT, ISO, special events and when a dispatcher or trooper believes a secure talk group is needed.
NSP does have a nasty habit of assigning secure talk groups when assisting other agencies which is very stupid. Nothing like putting yourself on an island when assisting another agency.

the nebraska state fair here in GI they used talkgroup C LE 1 and as far as i know it was all unencrypted comms. thought id throw that in there :)

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if these sites are active? They have had FCC licenses for some time, but no one has ever confirmed.

Benkelman (Dundy County) - WQSI825

Nashville (Washington County) - WQTN423

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard or logged a control channel or radio traffic from the Nashville site.

Last thing I read the state can not use the OPPD site in Nashville. This was over a year ago.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a Unitrunker file that they would be willing to share?
I am driving across your fine state next week overnight, and it would be great to not start from scratch...

nd5y

They applied to move the site about 2 miles SE to a tower that has a Douglas County 800 MHz site.
This is one of two VHF sites that are licensed but not in the database.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Greetings all!

This site is, indeed, on the air, but I wasn't close enough tonight to copy any traffic being handled by it.

According to my BCD436HP's Analyze feature:

1) The Site # is 083
2) The currently active CC is 156.1425000
3) The site has the usual SysID (0144) and WACN of BEE00
4) The frequencies are the same as what was initially licensed for the "Nashville" site, as shown below from a previous post:

Nashville (Washington County) - WQTN423

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Awesome info George! Thanks for the submission!

It's a good time to revisit other unidentified sites. We still have two sites outstanding that have not been identified with site number or active control channels. Anyone have information on these sites?

Benkelman (Dundy County) - WQSI825
WQSI825 (NEBRASKA, STATE OF) FCC Callsign Details

Winnetoon (Knox County) - WQWF364
WQWF364 (NEBRASKA, STATE OF) FCC Callsign Details

brianmcfa

Novice with PRO 2096

Admittedly, I only know enough to get me into trouble. I have a PRO-2096 that I tried to just download the frequencies from this site directly into the scanner using a free download of ARC96. The digital channels for Scottsbluff work. I used them in bank 0. I tried to do this N-WIN using only Troop E and towers that were out my way into bank 1, then loaded the full thing into bank 2. I put some other channels for surrounding counties into the 3-9 banks.

It seems that the N-WIN just has nothing. Not sure what I did differently when downloading into the scanner. I'd assumed that importing from this site was about all I had to do.

Worst part is I only had a borrowed programming cord so I'd have to find one again.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Troop E is the only one on the system in that part of the world and radio traffic is pretty light in general