SDS100/SDS200: Need a amplified speaker for my sds100

Status
Not open for further replies.

racing1

For some reason any volume past 8-15 doesn't sound any different on my sds 100. I have volume offset set to +3 on all channels. Can anyone recommend a cheap but really good sound quality speaker. Not sure if this the correct place to post this if not please correct it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
For some reason any volume past 8-15 doesn't sound any different on my sds 100. I have volume offset set to +3 on all channels.

The second sentence explains the first. Volume offset doesn't make the maximum volume any louder. Maximum volume setting is still 15. Setting a volume offset on every channel is pointless--it just means you reach maximum volume before you have the volume turned up all the way. With a +3 offset, there is no difference in speaker loudness between volume settings 12 and 15.

Can anyone recommend a cheap but really good sound quality speaker.

You can find decent speakers for cheap, but not really good ones. Computer speakers work pretty well.

mike1988

For some reason any volume past 8-15 doesn't sound any different on my sds 100. I have volume offset set to +3 on all channels. Can anyone recommend a cheap but really good sound quality speaker. Not sure if this the correct place to post this if not please correct it.

I use a bose portable speaker. It's good.

Hi sir i messaged you the other day regarding the GPS cable. I didn't get a reply back. Can you check your messages please. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike1988

Sorry that's directed to the op. I was asking him about the GPS cable. I'm sorry Jon.

rwier

I have had success using 12 volt powered speakers, from both RadioShack and Uniden. At one time, I had four mounted in the 4 corners of my Dodge Ram. I have custom tail pipes, and scanners just can't compete with that wonderful sound from the Hemi, lol.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber

You can get one of these for $15.00 on Ebay or $20.00 on Amazon.

Phillips BT2500B

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-BT2500B-37-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B00J3O9YRY

You will also need a audio cable from speaker to radio .

https://www.cnet.com/products/philips-bt2500b-wireless-portable-speaker/review/

Should fit all your needs .

racing1

I use a bose portable speaker. It's good.

Hi sir i messaged you the other day regarding the GPS cable. I didn't get a reply back. Can you check your messages please. Thank you.

Check your inbox now.

racing1

racing1

The second sentence explains the first. Volume offset doesn't make the maximum volume any louder. Maximum volume setting is still 15. Setting a volume offset on every channel is pointless--it just means you reach maximum volume before you have the volume turned up all the way. With a +3 offset, there is no difference in speaker loudness between volume settings 12 and 15.

You can find decent speakers for cheap, but not really good ones. Computer speakers work pretty well.
So should I disable volume offset or lower it?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I would get rid of it. It won't do what you want it to do (increase maximum volume), and it reduces the total number of volume levels you can set with the knob (13 vs 16).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you're running the speaker off a headphone jack, an amplified speaker is required.

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
SDS100 Amplified Speakers

When using the SDS100 in my vehicle, I run a standard audio patch cord from the scanner headphone jack to the AUX input on my vehicle sound system. Not only can I control VOLUME, but also the EQUALIZATION for best sound quality and clarity. Works great for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.