Need a CB'er in Knox County

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I'm planning on testing a dipole antenna for my CB soon, and I'd like to request the listening ears of another CB'er when I do.

I'll be transmitting (within the next week) around the 640/I75 area first. Then I will soon be hiking up some of Knox county's higher areas to test the reach of a standard class radio.

I'm gonna hike, specifically, House Mountain Trail. Which should put me facing the NorthWest from the East side of the County.

If anything, I could give times and channels which I will try to make it out on. Just in case anyone would like to listen.

lowerrollin

Feed Provider
I use the radio shops down on watt rd for alot of radio checks from far away. They don't always like to give radio checks, but I find it easier to carry a business conversation on with them, asking simple things such as pricing on tuning antennas, hours of operation, If they have a brand of something. You can gauge your signal to them by throttling your carrier or even mic power, and asking if you are readable. I like to blame it on bad tuning, and asking how much that costs to fix. They use antrons 30 foot up, and one would assume large kickers. If you cant find anybody, you can always try this.

SCPD

QRT
I use the radio shops down on watt rd for alot of radio checks from far away. They don't always like to give radio checks, but I find it easier to carry a business conversation on with them, asking simple things such as pricing on tuning antennas, hours of operation, If they have a brand of something. You can gauge your signal to them by throttling your carrier or even mic power, and asking if you are readable. I like to blame it on bad tuning, and asking how much that costs to fix. They use antrons 30 foot up, and one would assume large kickers. If you cant find anybody, you can always try this.

Interesting. It would be awesome if I could hit them from house mountain!

jfhtm350

Im over here in New Market. You would have to have some power to reach me because there is a hill that blocks reception from Knox's direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.