Need advice on new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosenden

Hello everyone, im new to these forums so while i read up on everything i thought id ask for some advice. Im looking to buy a new scanner for the armer system. I am not that educated on this yet, but have been told mankato will be going to this soon. also told i will need a digital scanner. I was wondering if this was correct and if anyone could recommend a good scanner. I have been using the radio shack pro 83 model which to me works just fine for what i use it for. Thanks for any info.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
mosenden, welcome to the fourms!

Unfortunately, the Pro 83 that you currently are using does not monitor the ARMER System. I have monitored ARMER sites in and around the city. Yes, they are slowly starting to migrate over along with faribaut, freeborn, rice, and steele counties. State Patrol Kato has been on ARMER all of the way, with no conventional channel, for about a year now.

MY suggestion to you for a new scanner is the Uniden BCD396XT. I have one and have only had one problem with it, but there is no way around it... Simulcast. Otherwise, it works great at P25 decoding and convential scanning as well! It is a $400Some investment. But, if you care enough to monitor, you care enough to spend.

fwfdengine2

mosenden

Thanks for the reply. could you tell me more about simulcast and the problems with it. I have always entered my frequencies in, set the squelch and thats it. It seems like im going to need to know a little more to use a new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.