Need advice on which Thin Client is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

Not 100% sure if this is the best place for my question or not, please relocate if needed. Thanks.

I've been wanting to do away with the big tower that is providing my feed in my very small office. And I think that a thin client would be the perfect solution. Now here's where I have my question/s.

Could I get some suggestions for brand/models that would be good for me to look at?

I see that some have only 256MB of memory. Is that enough or should I look for ones with more.

I would like it to have WIFI, not necessarily built-in IF one of those little USB WIFI adapters will work (The ones that look like a micro jump drive.).

At this current time I only have 1 feed, but would like the ability to feed 2 in the future if possible.

I think that covers the most important parts, if I have left anything out just ask and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone!

Jeremiah

brandon

Database Admin
I have three HP T5700 Thin Clients and they are excellent to provide audio feeds. I would get them with 512MB if you plan on using ProScan or any other programs that require .NET Framework. Otherwise 256MB will prob work if your using edcast. You can also buy after market memory chips for them if end up needing to upgrade.

Thanks

I have three HP T5700 Thin Clients and they are excellent to provide audio feeds. I would get them with 512MB if you plan on using ProScan or any other programs that require .NET Framework. Otherwise 256MB will prob work if your using edcast. You can also buy after market memory chips for them if end up needing to upgrade.

Thanks for the input. I was beginning to wonder if I had completely bewildered everyone out there! LOL

supraman762

I have a 5720 and it came with 512/512. I decided that wasnt enough and upgraded to 1g/1g. I would really go with nothing smaller than 512/512

Status
Not open for further replies.