Need attic antenna for 2m or 2m/70cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta_p

I am modifying my attic setup to place rotor on a mast with my Wilson 800Mhz yagi. I am thinking about adding an additional antenna for 2m (not necessarily directional if something decent is available). There are a few 2m and 70cm repeaters I like to pick up during incoming weather because of all the spotting reports. Some repeaters are local and the Wilson picks up ok, but some in neighboring county which even my Scantenna has trouble recieving. Can someone recommend some antenna that might work in this attic environment. The only thing I have looked over is the Cushcraft A2706S and the Diamond A144S5, both directional. Also, for a directional on the same mast as the 800Mhz is there any particular antenna separation to limiting interference between the two antenna. Thanks for any input.

PP

n8emr

How much vertical space do you have? A comet gp1 is 4ft tall. If you dont have that much space a dual band mobile setting on a big cookie sheet will work.

SAR923

I'm using the good old RS 20-176 in my attic. It transmits fine on 2 meters and I can hear fire transmissions from Georgia on it. It's a cheap way to go for a 2 meter antenna and doubles as a good scanner antenna as well.

ReCall

Sorry bout that Delta, I got that one for $20.00 and will have it in my hands tonight for a good look over/test.

Recall

fineshot1

Status
Not open for further replies.