Need help grounding my OTA outdoor antenna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezcabdriver

Hi there,
First time poster. I've been reading and reading and can't seem to find an answer to my scenario.
I recently installed an antenna on my old dish location on the roof. I utilized the existing dish mount and the coax that was up there. The coax has a ground cable along the side of it but isn't attached to anything on either end. I also have cable Internet if that is worth noting. So my questions are...
Can I use that grounding cable that runs along the coax cable? IF so, can I simply attach it to the antenna with one of the existing antenna screw mounts and ground it on the other end? On the other end, can I use a grounding block and attach that ground wire to it as well as pass the coax through? And finally, can I ground the block and attach it to what appears to be a ground location on the corner top of my fuse box?

OR, is it best to run two separate grounds. One from antenna to ground and the other from ground block to ground (with coax passing through this block)?

Also, I noticed that my cable internet has a grounding block that is grounded to a green wire? Can I just ground to that instead of that fuse box corner?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.