Need Help - low audio feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdborek

Premium Subscriber
I can get the feed online using either scancast or radiofeed, but using either results in a feed that is barely perceptible on either a computer or android phone. the broadcast sounds fine when I listen to it through the soundcard and speakers on the computer I'm using for the feed, but when I log onto rr to listen to the feed on another computer or with my android, the broadcast is so low it can hardly be heard.

Any suggestions?

mikev

There are two different level adjustments that can be made, usually... the first is for what's being "recorded" (or encoded for your feed, in this case), the second is what's being played locally through your computer. You'll want to look at the Recording level for your audio input and make sure it's not too low, which it likely is if your feed is barely audible, while your local listening is just fine.

gdborek

Premium Subscriber
There are two different level adjustments that can be made, usually... the first is for what's being "recorded" (or encoded for your feed, in this case), the second is what's being played locally through your computer. You'll want to look at the Recording level for your audio input and make sure it's not too low, which it likely is if your feed is barely audible, while your local listening is just fine.

recording level is at max - that's not the issue.

gdborek

Premium Subscriber
I figured it out. The solution should be made a sticky or put in the wiki.

Right click the sound card icon in the Win 7 status bar, then chose "playback devices" from the popup menu. Then highlight the appropriate playback device. Then click the properties button, then the "Levels" tab. One of the two sliders (it doesn't seem to matter which one) must be set to 0. The other seems to work fine set from 75 to 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.