Need help programming 996D

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Got all of the new radios today, and I'm having a bit of trouble with getting the digital channels on Fleetnet Zone 1 to work. I've got ARC996....everything appears to be setup properly, I'm getting the analog channels, but not the digital ones.... I just hear control channel sounds on the dig channels.

Thoughts?

warrior420

There is an Audio Type column in Arc996, Can be set to all, digital only, analog only. Double check this settting

warrior420

It should be in the column's for the talkgroups on the right side of the screen, Or when the TG is active press the E key on the scanner to get to the menu where you will find Audio Type.

Last edited:

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Okay... thanks.. set it to digital, and I do have audio.. but its choppy.... LNC, ENC, and P25 keep flashing up on the screen...even though the signal bar is full bars, and the analog channels sound fine.

warrior420

have you upgraded to the V2 firmware yet? Made a good improvement on my digital decoding. Im not sure if the auto digital settings work on the new firmware but mine work great on 7 as compared to 8 on the 396. The ENC means encrypted and the audio will stop if it really is,

Last edited:

LordJ

Oh, and make sure the Close Call is of as well as the Weather Alert. This might give you a 'choppy' sound. Those settings check for their specific things every 2 seconds or so, causing the audio to drop out..

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Close Call is off, haven't upgraded the firmware last night. Looked at it but I was too tired and didn't want to mess things up. Will try to upgrade today.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Triple check the Bandplan settings (the frequencies below) for Fleetnet

ARC seems to never put them in for me.. I always have to do them manually.
Well its puts in the first but the second and third always have wrong spacing/offset)

141.0150 15.0 380
151.7300 15.0 579
154.3200 15.0 632

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If he's getting the analog talkgroups without any problems then he's got the bandplan set correctly.

He'd not be able to listen to anything if the bandplan was set wrong.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Thanks my mistake then.

Mike_Oxlong said:
If he's getting the analog talkgroups without any problems then he's got the bandplan set correctly.

He'd not be able to listen to anything if the bandplan was set wrong.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
you have ARC996 and you have a subscription to the database let ARC996 do all the work for you.. Its rather easy to do..... Even a idiot like myself can figure it out, so i am sure it will be no problem for you...

slicerwizard

yorkphotog said:
Okay... thanks.. set it to digital, and I do have audio.. but its choppy.... LNC, ENC, and P25 keep flashing up on the screen...even though the signal bar is full bars, and the analog channels sound fine.
Have you set the P25 decoding level for the system?

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Nope.. how do I do that?

I just programmed it as fast as possible the other day so that I'd at least have something programmed on that radio.. but I'm going back now and re doing it.

I wasn't get any digital audio at all until I went into the menu on the scanner itself, picked one of the menu options (don't remember what it was called) and hit "Digital only". I had to do that for each channel before I'd get any sign of digital channels.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
scroll right in ARC. you'll see more options in the talkgroup window.

warrior420

or press hold on the fleetnet system control channel. Then push the scroll knob in once, then press in the volume button. This will bring up your digital settings menu. Use the scroll knob to select another number. My 996 is on "6" and works great. My 396 likes "8" the best so you can play around and see what comes in the clearest with lleast amount of errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.