Need help setting-up and using new portable scanner . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfinjon

I just bought a Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2. I'm reading through the manual and tinkering with the device, menu, settings, etc. -- but at this pace, it will be three months before I'm scanning. Are there any groups that meet to share tips, etc. "Bear" minimum, I'd like to meet with someone in the Central Ohio area who has a knack for "training" to help get me started. Coffee, soda, or beer for your time is on me. Thanx for considering.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2. I'm reading through the manual and tinkering with the device, menu, settings, etc. -- but at this pace, it will be three months before I'm scanning. Are there any groups that meet to share tips, etc. "Bear" minimum, I'd like to meet with someone in the Central Ohio area who has a knack for "training" to help get me started. Coffee, soda, or beer for your time is on me. Thanx for considering.
Hi Elfinjon

Welcome to RadioReference

There are a number of people here on the forums that can help you. But if you'd really prefer to get someone in your area to meet face to face if possible, or at least who would be more familiar with the area systems, I'd suggest that you have your post moved to the Ohio forum.

To do that, click on the red-bordered triangle in the upper right corner of your first post, "report this thread". In the text box that comes up for the 'reason' it is being reported, ask for a moderator to move this to the Ohio forum. Then submit it.

One thing that someone will ask you is are you using software to program the scanner. FreeSCAN is available, and as the name implies, is free to download & use. Software makes it easy to set up new systems for the scanner, and has the advantage over manual programming that you can see all the information entered, making it easier to spot and correct simple errors and omissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.