BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Need help to clone scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy1133

Hello everyone im new to scanner life and i love it. I currently have a trunktracker v BCD996p2 its already programmed and works great. So now i own another one for my other vehicle how can i clone my first scanner to my other scanner?
I am not the smartest guy on a computer but i can get by. So if anyone can help me out. I just need to know what to download and how to hook up the scanners and copy one from the other.
I live in newcastle Ontario if anyone is around my area that would be great as well. Thank you

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you're using any compatible software, just download (make sure you're downloading, not uploading) the programming from the scanner that is already programmed and save it to your computer, then connect the other scanner and upload the saved programming file to the new scanner.

Skippy1133

If you're using any compatible software, just download (make sure you're downloading, not uploading) the programming from the scanner that is already programmed and save it to your computer, then connect the other scanner and upload the saved programming file to the new scanner.

I didnt program my other one. Someone else did and they are now gone. I dont have a program

How do i go around doing this?
You have 3 options:
  • Program it by hand yourself
  • Use software on the PC you are on now. Download from your programmed scanner then upload to the newer scanner.
  • Have someone do it for you
Simple, right?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
If they were online with Proscan you could do it from anywhere

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Didn't the older series have a clone option. I never did it but if I remember right they did

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Didn't the older series have a clone option. I never did it but if I remember right they did

I can't speak for the 996P2, but it's handheld sibling, the 325P2, does have the "wired clone" option.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
It's a good idea to have the software and cable because systems make changes and additions. Once you learn the software, it is much easier to change the information through the program than from the keypad. By using the computer, you also have a backup if something corrupts the radio codeplug.

mciupa

If you have a DB9 computer cable you can clone using these instructions from Marksscanners.com:

Cloning to clone (copy) data from one (same) scanner to another, use one of the included data cables to connect the two scanners. Plug the DB9 end into the rear port of one scanner and the other end into the front port of the other scanner. Then set up both scanners:

For each scanner, press MENU. Scroll to 'Wired Clone' and press E/
scroll.gif
Scroll to 'Wired Clone' and press E/
scroll.gif
Scroll to 'Slave' and press E/
scroll.gif
for the destination scanner.
At 'Select Comm Port' scroll to the port the Slave scanner is using.
Scroll to 'Master' and press E/
scroll.gif
for the source scanner.
At 'Select Comm Port' scroll to the port the Master scanner is using.
Press Scan/Srch on the Slave scanner then on the Master scanner. The master scanner checks to make sure the slave is properly connected and ready to receive, then begins the data transfer. When the transfer is finished, both scanners display a 'Complete' message. Reboot the slave scanner to load the new settings. Note:All settings and data saved on the Slave scanner will be erased.

I see you are from Newcastle, Ontario. If you don't have that DB9 cable, check the computer shops in town or drive to Bowmanville, Port Hope or Oshawa and check out their shops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.