need help with new york center frequcies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
I have all the new york area center frequcies but i want to narrow them down to just my area around chester county airport. can anyone that knows which one i should program into my radio help me with this there is just to many to porgram i am just looking for the most import one for my area thank u.

W6KRU

They are in the database for Chester County:

Airports
Brandywine Municipal

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
123.00000 unicom unicom FM Aircraft
123.02500 helicopter u helicopter unicom channel 1 FM Aircraft
123.07500 helicopter u helicopter unicom channel 2 FM Aircraft
132.67500 app/dep app/dep FM Aircraft

Chester County G. O. Carlson Airport

AirNav: KMQS - Chester County G O Carlson Airport
122.70000 unicom unicom FM Aircraft
125.60000 clearnce del clearnce delivery FM Aircraft
126.25000 ATIS ATIS FM Aircraft
128.95000 keystone hel keystone helicopters FM Aircraft
132.67500 app/dep app/dep FM Aircraft

Keystone Heliport

123.05000 KeystonUnicm Keystone Heliport Unicom AM Aircraft

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Those aren't Center freqs, I'm afraid, those are locally used airports, for the most part. What he is talking about are frequencies found here...

New York (ZNY) Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

What is an ARTCC? Good question, that...

ARTCC - The RadioReference Wiki

Which are closest to him in Chester County? I'd take a stab at Barnegat, Matawan, Millville and Ship Bottom in NJ, then Big Flat, Modena and Lancaster in Pa.

You can find this out for yourself by clicking on the little arrow next to the name of the RCAG, then click on 'View Subcategory Details'. That should bring up a map with boundaries of the coverage (I don't exactly know where those boundaries come from, but the transmitter location is almost as good).

I'm assuming here that you have an antenna outdoors, nice and high, and free from obstructions. Such an antenna would be quite likely to hear aircraft from a long ways checking in from these and other sites.

Best Regards..Mike

cipher66

ARTCC DB Manager
Database Admin
The boundaries are actually pulled from FAA data and is actually called the service radius. Not the same thing as the sector, but very usefull for frequency mgmt of this spectrum, and a usefull indication of where the transmitter is supposed to he effective. The radioref database for ZNY is very accurate and up to date.:)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.