Need help with Pro-106 Scan list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer3ccd

I used the radio shack software to put in three counties in my area. I put one county at a time and labeled each county under a different Scan list. The first county under scan list or bank 1. The second county under scan list or bank 2. And the third county under scan list 3. Imported each one seperately and only the last one I downloaded to my Pro-106 scanner, will work. I figured 1,2 and 3 would be in the scanner and start searching. but only the last one put in stays solid on the LCD front pannel. How do I get 1,2,and 3 to stay solid and search? Thanks for any help anyone can render.

Highpockets

I used the radio shack software to put in three counties in my area. I put one county at a time and labeled each county under a different Scan list. The first county under scan list or bank 1. The second county under scan list or bank 2. And the third county under scan list 3. Imported each one seperately and only the last one I downloaded to my Pro-106 scanner, will work. I figured 1,2 and 3 would be in the scanner and start searching. but only the last one put in stays solid on the LCD front pannel. How do I get 1,2,and 3 to stay solid and search? Thanks for any help anyone can render.

It sounds like your uploading each system separate, they all have to be in one file and uploaded in one upload. Every time you upload to your scanner, you over-write what is in it. Am I on the right track here?

N8IAA

Import the systems all at once to the software. Making sure that each is in its own scanlist. When importing, make sure you pick which scanlist each one goes into. Don't know what software package, so I can't explain further. Then upload all at once to the scanner. It will be a beautiful thing:)
Larry

Stringer3ccd

Thanks so much for getting back to me, I think you are on the right track. Steve, when you said that each time it over- writes...now it makes sense to me. Also, when Larry mentioned uploading all at once...It made me believe uploading three different times was my error for sure. Thank you guys a lot for your great advice. I was going crazy wondering what was up with the scan list. Again, great reply. By the way the software I used came with the radio shack usb connector, Arc500 I think.

Last edited:

RIG

Hi, another NJ member here. Since I'm learning all this as I read I'm trying to understand what you're trying to do. I have many frequencies in more than one county in one folder. Why would it be needed to put them in separate folders?

Rob

Highpockets

Hi, another NJ member here. Since I'm learning all this as I read I'm trying to understand what you're trying to do. I have many frequencies in more than one county in one folder. Why would it be needed to put them in separate folders?

Rob

The best way to describe that is, Better Control. I try to put things together from one county, then another, example:

Police (Ocean County)
Fire (Ocean County)
First Aid "
Manchester Twp Trunked System
OC Trunked System
State Police Trp C
State Police Trp B
State Police Trp A
Police (Monmouth Cty)
Fire (Monmouth Cty)
First Aid "
And so on

This way you can turn them on and off when desired with the touch of a key or Func and a key.

This is all in one file and uploaded to the scanner in one upload.

Last edited:

RIG

So doing it this way you still can hear it all but shut out a group or more when you want to? I don't want to hijack this thread but want to learn from this topic while it is being discussed. I'm just happy I was able to get as far as I have so far. lol
Now back to where this thread started...

Rob

Highpockets

So doing it this way you still can hear it all but shut out a group or more when you want to? I don't want to hijack this thread but want to learn from this topic while it is being discussed. I'm just happy I was able to get as far as I have so far. lol
Now back to where this thread started...

Rob

Yes, turn scan lists on and off as desired, better control. That's the way I do it, someone else may do it different. :)

N1BHH

The important thing to remember is there are no banks, they are so 20th century. The radio has scan lists which are far more flexible.

You can put objects and talk groups from different systems and different type systems in the same scan list. You can have the local ambulance company talk group on one system, the police talk group from another system, the local fire frequency and the local tow company from another type system all on one scan list, or put them in all scan lists.

Banks have set numbers of frequencies, where scan lists have unlimited amounts of objects that can possibly be assigned to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.