Need help with programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB12B12

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden Trunktracker III scanner, BC346XTC. I live in Lassen County. I have a programming cable and tried repeatedly to program the scanner. I cannot do it.

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
I love to use Freescan for my Uniden scanners. It also helped me visually understand the Dynamic Memory features of the newer Unidens since I was born and raised on the old school channels and banks.

FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software

The first step, you can communicate between your computer and scanner correct? With Freescan you can virtually control your scanner via computer, seeing the scanner display on the computer etc. This confirms both can talk, are you this far?

MarkB12B12

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have done that much. I have the programming cable, I have gone to Freescan, I tried to follow the instructions for loading the frequency for fire, PD, sheriff, etc. in and around Lassen County. But it doesn't seem to "take" - I try to scan these frequencies and they're not there.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Got it, let's figure this out. Can you explain to me the part that doesn't seem to "take". Paint the picture for me of your process.
1. Does the "Send to Scanner" upload process of Freescan to the radio complete without any error?
2. When you Send To Scanner, are all the Systems selected, and the options listed on the right such as "Send Custom Radio Settings" etc. are all checked?

If the upload Send To Scanner process is clean, then it's probably what's called the System Quick Keys, where in FreeScan, your System Quick Keys default to . or 1, but they might not be active by default in the scanner. I got bit by this when I first started with FreeScan. Can you send me a copy of your FreeScan program file, the .996 file? Email me with my nickname above at gmail. That will let me see what you're dealing with and help direct what to press on the scanner to get it all working.

Status
Not open for further replies.