SDS100/SDS200: NEED help with SD card

MasterPo

Hi all got my radio back from Uniden SDS200 having trouble writing to card I click on scanner in sentinel and click on clear user data, I pick the hard drive (card in radio). and click ok. I let that run and after it says its done, then I write to scanner, disconet radio from computer radio reboots and i get the message to clear card file error clear user data to initalize sd card. so have a miss a step or what should i do, thanks in advance

Bill

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Hi all got my radio back from Uniden SDS200 having trouble writing to card I click on scanner in sentinel and click on clear user data, I pick the hard drive (card in radio). and click ok. I let that run and after it says its done, then I write to scanner, disconet radio from computer radio reboots and i get the message to clear card file error clear user data to initalize sd card. so have a miss a step or what should i do, thanks in advance

Bill
Format the card cleanly using this utility:
SD Memory Card Formatter for Windows Download | SD Association

Then use Sentinel to format the card and make it ready for your SDS200.

Here's another recent thread that you might find relevant: SDS100/SDS200: - Newbie SDS200 upgrading SD card

MasterPo

the only thing im not sure about how to format in Sentiel, is that the clear all data or is it something else, and thanks for the help

Bill

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
the only thing im not sure about how to format in Sentiel, is that the clear all data or is it something else, and thanks for the help

Bill

Use Clear User Data.
"Clear User Data" is not a format operation. Rather it clears any scanner created data on the SD card, including database, favorites lists and recordings. After that, it will add necessary files to the SD card so that the data can be written to the SD card.

(It's also kind of a way to re-set a scanner if things are going really bad.)

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
You also duplicate the attempt to write to the SD Card. Once you have “Clear All Data” done, back out and reboot the radio. If it still tells you to reformat the card I’d suggest getting a second new card. (It’s always nice to have a “known good” second card available should you experience a problem with the first.) New cards come formatted so just plug it in (be careful as the SDS100 card holder is delicate. Remember how the old card came out so you don’t try to install the new one upside down). Once that’s done, check if the radio is still asking for a format. It should be no. Then “Write” your Favorites Lists (FL’s) to the scanner. What do you do with the old card? Format it outside of the scanner-just use the computer. Once done, you can make a duplicate of the working card.