Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i just purchased the pro 48 compact scanner and cant figure out how to program it. Can anyone explain to me how. Thanks. Im trying to ut in uhf fequencies.

Last edited:

fredg

Premium Subscriber
From everything I can find the Pro-48 is a Crystal Scanner... Is it a base mobile or hand held? Are you sure you have the model correct?

Yea that was a typo sorry guys i meant the pro 84. The manual it came with is confusing. Im trying to put in uhf band 476.6625 and i cant seem to configure it correctly. Can anyone help me. Thanks.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
Press Hold
Key in the channel you want to program
Press Hold
Press Func
Press PGM
Key in the freq (The . is with the CLR button)
Press PGM
Press Hold

n2mdk

It's fairly simple press HOLD enter a channel number I guess the first one would be 001, then press FUNC then PRG enter the frequency using the ./CLR to enter the . so it would be 4-7-6-.-6-6-2-5 then press ENT it might round out the frequency but that wont matter.
Press FUNC then PGM again enter the next frequency and ENT so on and so forth.

See your trying to program in the Bronx 50, 52 Pcts.
I would program in SOD as well 470.8375
I miss NYC

Last edited:
Yea im going to be working in the 52. Ok i did those steps and it came out to an error at the last step. I think i need to change it to uhf first. How do i do that. I had the frequency set before just by playing around but it changed after that. thanks for all the help guys.

it happens after the last step when i press function. Im not home right now but ill try again when i get home. Im on my cell right now. Thanks for replying.

finally! I got it to work! Thanks guys. The problem was that the precinct wasnt busy, lol. And maybe the volume was low. Lol. Thanks again.

sorry guys i have another problem. For some reason the channels keep changing. how do i keep it at one frequecy/channel. and can someone please verify if 476.6625 is working. I cant seem to get that one to work. all the other ones work fine. Thanks.

Last edited:

fredg

Premium Subscriber
You mean it is scanning? You need to go into "manual" mode by pressing HOLD. You can do that when it stops on the channel you want to listen to.

Or

Press Hold
Key in the channel you want to listen to
Press Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.