need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon3158

is there anyone that can help me program my new trunking scanne. i know a few things im just confused on things like the fleep maps and the talkgroups id's . i have a radio shack pro163 base/mobile scanner. o an i dont have a programming bable..doing it by hand..thanks

N1BHH

There aren't many systems that require fleet maps. What system do you need and where are you? This information would be of import when asking a question. And if you are using Win97 for programming you may actually find some files available for download here since you are asking in the Massachusetts forum: Scanner Programming Files

dragon3158

i have windows7 on my computer..and im in weymouth mass..south of boston..im gonna try to get the programming cable.

Eastie

Hey Dragon,

Get that cable at Radio Shack. I have the Pro-164 and Win97 programming a fleet map is easy. I suggest looking in the forums for an answer on how to program it manually. You should also think about getting a Radio Reference Premium subscription. With the Premium version you can simply use Win97 to upload the Trunked frequencies automatically. You don't need any knowledge of trunked systems to do that. It's $15.00 for a 180 day subscription. Its worth it. Happy scanning!

N1BHH

i have windows7 on my computer..and im in weymouth mass..south of boston..im gonna try to get the programming cable.

Send me an IM and I will contact you, I'm not far away so I could clone my scanner to yours. There really is no need to set up trunk system fleet maps for any of the public safety systems. I have my Pro-164 set up with the City of Boston system and didn't set any tables for it and it works fine.

The cables available at Radio Shack will do fine along with Win97. The stores have the cable, always check availability before going. Before you install any drivers connect the cable to the USB port and wait, your computer MAY ask you to install them.

RadioShack® USB-PC Interface Cable for GRE Scanner - RadioShack.com

Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners

Also see the Scan New England site for file downloads, also: Scanner Programming Files

Status
Not open for further replies.