• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Need insight on PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently opened a PayPal account for the first time. I have no idea how to use this if I bid on an item on E-bay. Can someone explain to me how I go about utilizing the account and tell me the steps I do to pay for an item using it.
Thank in advance.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PayPal

PayPal has changed lots of things since I started to use them. They have gotten too big for their own good. They are now acting like a bank, but are not being regulated like a bank.

There are a lot of different ways to set it up. One example is that you connect a credit card or bank account to your PayPal account. One of your accounts is the primary account. When you send someone money via PayPal, they take what you've sent, plus their fees from your primary account (or charge your credit card). If someone sends you money (via PayPal), it stays with PayPal until you try and get it out. There are several ways to get your money, most involve you paying yet another fee.

Its pretty easy on the left side of the ebay page is a link to Paypal that will take you to your acct. just follow it and enter your email and password an invoice will show with pay now and thats pretty well it.....................Hoser

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
Paypal

After you use your paypal account once you well be bomb barded with spam

you well get messages like your paypal account is susspeneded and you must reactivate your account or someone is using your account , or plese veryify your account that sort of thing don't reply to any of them they are trying to get your account info

I almost fell for it I just bought something off of Ebay and that night I got the message

Thanks for all of your input, I have closed my account with them. I have never been one to do very many transactions over the internet anyway.
Again, thanks.

I've used Paypal for years, and never had any problems. As to the spam, that doesn't automatically start as soon as you open an account. I get Paypal spam at e-mail accounts that have nothing to do with Paypal activities... it's completely random.

For each horror story you hear, there's about 10,000 success stories. But people don't feel compelled to put up webpages about them. I have about 400 transactions on ebay and paypal as both a buyer and a seller. Not one lousy glitch... not one.

I would have to go with zz0468 on this. I have been with ebay and paypal for many years now.
PayPal has been GREAT. I have had no problems.

k8mcn

Premium Subscriber
GreatLakes said:
I've used PayPal since they started. I've never had a problem of any kind.
Ditto here..............
In fact Paypal saved me from losing any money on my one and only "bad deal" on the bay.had a refund in no time........

Status
Not open for further replies.