Need my Pro-2096 Programed

Status
Not open for further replies.

need4greed

Hello all,
I have a RS Pro-2096 that needs to be reprogramed. Someone programed it to receive ALL local area (Sacramento). Someone programed it for me about 4 or so years ago was working fine. I was receiving Sac PD, Sac. SO, Folsom PD, Elk Grove, CHP... and so on. But over the years, the frequencies must have changed and I now only receive ambulance/hospital communication. I am only a basic electronic or computer person and wouldn't even know where to begin. I am hoping to find place or a person in the Sacramento area that can program my scanner for me. If you can help, please let me know.
Thank you,
Bob

pdewees

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the usb to phone jack cable?
If you do obtain win96 from Don Starr, has a 30 day free trial
download from scanner (save file in a folder )
modify as needed from RR data (save in folder under new name as to not to erase the previous file saved)
upload to scanner

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Sounds like your local system there is undergoing some changes, possibly going digital. Look up in the RR database where you are located and the systems you want to monitor. Look at the designator types (DE stands for Digital Encryption) and system (Digital Phase 1 or 2, etc) and then the capabilities of your scanner. You might have to acquire a new digital scanner to monitor your area now. Things are really changing in the hobby of scanning and what we have to do to keep up with the technology. Not saying that's your circumstances because I haven't investigated, but 9 out of 10 times someone comes here with the same questions we usually give them the same answers. Technology. You have to pay to play ;)

JD
kf4anc

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Before you reprogram your scanner, take a look at what the database has for the Sacramento area (links are always blue)...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=216

At the very bottom of this page are links to all the trunked systems in the area. Some your scanner will handle, some not. For example, all the DMR and NXDN listings would be unavailable to the 2096. In addition the 2096 can't trunk a 700 Mhz system, nor can it do anything with a Phase 2 system..

I would spend some time in our California forum and become more familiar with your radio scene. You may well find someone who also has a 2096 that can help you, but looking at the trunk listings, it's clear that if any of these interest you, a new scanner is a likely investment. Again there are folks there that can guide you in a new purchase if you decide to go that way

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.