Need Redtone Arsenal PD & Fire Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It's already been logged, I submitted them earlier this year.

Click-
Database
Alabama
Madison
Redstone

DELTA60

Ref Redstone pd & Fire Freqs a & talk groups

Thanks rdale, but that info showing on that page has not allowed me to hear any voice transmissions yet, I think it may be digital, but I don't know

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I don't recall if it was analog or digital. If you have an analog scanner and don't hear any voice, either you programmed in your tables wrong or it's digital.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I think Redstone's security and fire are digital and to some degree encrypted. Work hasn't taken me out there in a couple of years now, so things may have changed.

One thing I do recall, is sitting in a hotel on Martin and the Parkway, I very seldom heard anything on the scanner, not even a CC lock on. Now if I were up on University, reception was better. Although PD and fire were never very clear. This was on their new system.

I don't think I ever heard anything on either of the older channels and I had them programmed in the scanner as well.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
They definately were not encrypted, I heard police doing routine patrols, I heard security checks, then got the fire tacs when they did a comm check with each station. I don't recall anything being encrypted at all...

DELTA60

Ref Redstone Fire & PD

I programmed the frequencies and talk groups as I found them on this site and I live close to the Arsenal , but all I have received so far is some control channel tones. Can you Please give me the info you programmed when you heard them. Thanks !

rdale

Premium Subscriber
What scanner? HOw did you program the tables?

If you program them NOT as a trunked system, what do you hear? If it's just "data screeches" then they are digital. If it's nothing, you are too far away.

DELTA60

Ref Redstone pd & Fire Freqs a & talk groups

Radio Shack Pro 433, followed the instructions in the book and matched the enrtries to the info showing on this site, including the order of logical entry of the feqs

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I went back through my notes and it was all digital, so your scanner won't work. Not sure why the database took my stuff as analog.

It's been almost 5 years since I lived within range of the Arsenal but at that time they were using the freq's listed in the database & it was analog, usually in the clear. I think they were in the process of installing a UHF TRS. Try searching 413-417Mhz - a LOT of unidentified military traffic used to be in that range, sorry I can't remember the exact frequencies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Most of the DOD's trunked systems are digital and nearly all the newer ones (in the 380 band) are being encrypted to boot.

I'm pretty sure the new system for the Arsenal is digital (the DB says 'and APCO 25'). As I had a digital scanner the last time I was there, I cannot attest to whether they were broadcasting both.

If you upgrade to a digital scanner, you'll have to set the table for the system to work. If you get a new GRE (500 or 600), you will also have to include the high and lo thresholds. Search through the GRE threads from Oct last year to find out how to do that. I know it was posted there and in a couple of other places.

delta_p

Please post a link to the database area you guys are refering? I have a BCD396T digital scanner. will I be able to pick this system up?

PP

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Right at the top of the page here - look for "database"

Yes it will work with the 396.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
That's the one, and it's not SUPER active, but certainly there. As I recall the fire station test came at 6pm when I was there.

Make sure you are using software to program your scanner.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I'd load up the other trunked system listed there and see if it is anymore active.

I've heard traffic on both in the past with a 396 and a 96, so they are there. Just not much traffic and, as I've said before, very limited reception off the Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.