• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Schematic Motorola Amplified Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldsDoug

Mods, feel free to move this, I wasn't sure where to post it.

I have a Motorola speaker with a built-in amplifier (they used to call them PowerVoice) as is used with mobile radios in fire apparatus and such - believe the model is NSN6027A-1. This is not the older speaker with the metal enclosure - it's a little newer, has a beige plastic enclosure with blue Motorola and logo at the bottom, the face has a bunch of small round holes. Looking for a schematic or wiring diagram (or directions on how to hook it up!). It has a 7-were cable with a square 5-pin connector - wire colors are red, yellow, white, black, green, brown, and clear. The red and yellow wires are both connected to the same pin, and the black and white wires are both connected to a second pin... the other colors, green, brown, and clear, have their own pins. I haven't had a chance to knock the back off and check to see where each wire connects inside the speaker assembly, but I suspect the red/yellow and black white connections are 12VDC, two of the other three are audio in, and the remaining one is ground... any thoughts? Thanks!

Doug in Gaithersburg MD

OldsDoug

Thanks!

pro92b, you are the man! Many thanks - I've linked to the site, haven't read it yet but hopefully this may be just what I need... how did you find it - my google search didn't turn this one up, obviously! I owe ya one!

Regards,

Doug

W6XPA

Updated Link?

Hello...

Thank link is not working anymore. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for a HSN4035A?

Would sure appreciate it!

ve3ext

Premium Subscriber
moto power speaker

I may have one.

let me check., I'll advise
Jerry VE3EXT

ve3ext

Premium Subscriber
re moto power speaker

My power speaker is model #HSN1006A

Jerry

W6XPA

Okay I found It.

Okay, just so anyone in the future knows, I will tell what I found out because I sure had a hard time with this. The Motorola HSN4035A amplified speaker was made for use with the MCS 2000 Radios. Its a 3rd generation motorola with a 9 pin molex connector. In order to use this speaker without the connector for use with all things audio: You cut the connector off and strip off a good 2 inches of the outside of the cable. Inside there is two white wires. Disregard those, cut them off so they don't conduct with anything and tape them away. There will be red and black wires. 12V to these will power the speaker amplifier. Then there is a blue wire. This is the positive speaker input for audio. With it you will see a shielded with light plastic wire that will have no color it's just a plain wire. This is the audio input negative. There will be some string inside the cable too but just cut that away. It's there to make the cable stronger.

That's it! I hope this helps the next person coming along for info on this speaker!

Status
Not open for further replies.