need some help on a stuck transmitter on 45.86

Status
Not open for further replies.

telephone32

Hello Everyone !!!

Could someone listen to the hotline 45.86 south and east of hartford.

i have been helping CSP with North of harford stuck on transmiiters.

I have a friend that is hearing a stuck transmitter that times out then comes back on.
he is at a high elevation and we cannot figure out what direction it is coming from.

thanks for everyone's help on this.

D

jackfrost

Same here in East Hartford, its about 25 - 45 seconds of dead air every five minutes or so, day and night. I also noticed it in pl tone mode also. Next time i'll listen to the input and see if i can pick it up, that should help locate where its coming from.

MarkB513

Hotline 45.860 PL 136.5

I been noticing it on a daily basis in the Farmington-West Hartford area transmitting a PL, but it seems to die out once I get fairly close to Bloomfield. It's actually kind of annoying !! Good thing for the BCD996T's TEMPORARY lockout feature. Hated back in the day when I would lock something out and forget until who knows when later...
MarkB

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Back when I was working at Troop I, 45.86 had an open carrier for almost a whole day. the culprit, the regional federal office down this way. They had a book just barley touching the PPT button.

More than likely its someone that doesn't know they have the radio keyed up.

bobmich52

East Of The River Here & 45.86 Is Occasionaly A Open Carrier, LOVE My 996 TLO Is Right.

Most Likely Atmospheric Conditions, Has Been Alot Less Recently, Should Go Away Eventually

GKENY044

telephone32 said:
Hello Everyone !!!
I have a friend that is hearing a stuck transmitter that times out then comes back on.
he is at a high elevation and we cannot figure out what direction it is coming from.
D

As off the wall as it might sound and its probably a long shot but see if the scanner is located near a computer. I have one scanner that will lock onto a lowband freq when my computer is on. and its in the vicinity of it.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
No inputs on 45.86. Its in simplex (same frequency for TX / RX) mode.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber

They should replace it anyways its an old an antiquated system...they should use rafs or something similar....

Status
Not open for further replies.