need some help! really really new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hall77

so i was given this radio shack pro 96 from one of my friends so he had the frequencies for my area in it but it seems like im getting only stuff from like a half an hour drive away? like nothing really local because im listening on my phone and hear ems calls and stuff from right down the street so i went to check the frequencies on here and the frequencies listed on the website i have programmed im just not hearing the same stuff on my phone? can anyone tell me why? this might just be a stupid question if it is sorry im just new! thanks for any help in advance

frazpo

so i was given this radio shack pro 96 from one of my friends so he had the frequencies for my area in it but it seems like im getting only stuff from like a half an hour drive away? like nothing really local because im listening on my phone and hear ems calls and stuff from right down the street so i went to check the frequencies on here and the frequencies listed on the website i have programmed im just not hearing the same stuff on my phone? can anyone tell me why? this might just be a stupid question if it is sorry im just new! thanks for any help in advance

Everyone needs to know your location. Town,County,State?

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_your_PRO-96_or_PRO-2096

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
hall, that blue text is a link to an article that should give you a good starting point. There are also links to cheat sheets that will help you program the 96 manually

You might also go to our Pennsylvania forum and ask for a file, once you get an application and a USB-serial cable. These topics are also covered in links in that article

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.