Need Some Help with My Pro96 - Clark County, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choffa

Hey guys,

I am attempting to reprogram my pro 96 to receive a couple different police departments in Clark County, Indiana. (Jeffersonville Police specifically) and seem to only be getting about half of the traffic.

My firmware on my pro96 is 1.0 and I know how to program it but I am curious if anyone knows what towers I should be programming in? I know there are two Clark County sets of frequencies and they were at one time using Floyd towers as well. Can anyone help me understand what frequencies I should be programming in?

Thanks!
C

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I have ARC96 and can set you up a custom file, if you have programming cable, and either Win96, or ARC96, I will send you a file you can work with if you'd like.

Choffa

I don't have either program but did purchase a programming cable. I don't mind to buy the software though as it seems worth it - which do you recommend?

Thanks again for your help!!

INDY72

As owner/user of both... Win96 is just barely a tad simpler to use, but doesn'thavea couple ofther bells/whistles ARC96 does. ARC96 does give a "NOTES" field after the alpha tag etc area that you can type in the full tg name/freq usage data. This is NOT loaded into the scanner,but when you are editing/programming can have that extra info handy. Win96 automatically does the "rounding to nearest number" in the Federal VHF Bands, whereas ARC96 lets you enter the actual freq, then converts it when you save the file. (Example: 168.6875 becomes 168.6900, or 168.6850...) I highly recommend dl'ing both trial versions, and playing with them and then make your own decisions, and buy the one you like the best. Currently I only have the paid verion of ARC96, and the trial Win96 as all my old data was lost in a "reboot" of my e-mails after an extended period of inactivity. I will be trying to see if Don will send me the info again, but as he is usually very busy, it may take a while to get it lol. :cool: Both allow for input of rebanded tables which is a MUST for the SAFE-T system.

Choffa

Thanks for the detailed response. I will wait to download the trial version when I get the file from you, lol. Don't want to waste it! I got my programming cable but realized I don't have a serial port on my computer so I am going to have to buy a serial to USB converter cable today. Do u need my email to send the file? If so, it's choffa@gmail.com

Second question - do you think I will need a firmware update to my pro 96 in order for it to work? I am on 1.0 right now and haven't ever updated. I wasn't sure where to update or if I needed to.

Thanks again for all your help,
Chip

jamton

I also am trying to program my radio shack scanner pro 96 and I can not get any of the jeffersonville indiana feed. Would you mind to help me also? I have the win96 software but it is very confusing to me. I thought I had all the codes but my scanner refuses to talk. I appreciate any help.

W9NES

Choffa , You are in very good hands between MILF and KD4YGG. Both of them should be able to help you on your Radio Shack Pro-96.

INDY72

For jamtown.. I answered your PM.. Have been busy with Gen Con etc.. I volunteer as am an huge gamer so played a lot too... You have Win96 correct? If you send me a list of the Counties/Systems you want I will set up a file for you to try.

INDY72

Also, what CPU and DSP are you running? Mine is CPU 1.4, DSP 1.4, the final versions of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.