Need some ICIS help, among other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Code20Photog

Premium Subscriber
I have a 396XT, and trying to set up a "bank" regionally so I can get to whatever's local to me while I'm at work.

I've set up quick keys in the 90s for the regions I need.

Here's the issue I'm having. Some of the areas have a mix of conventional and the ICIS system, here's an example of my "verdugo" bank

System 92
Group 2 LACoFD
Group 3 ICIS Verdugo FDs
Group 6 ICIS Burbank/Pas/Glendale PDs
Group 7 CHP
Group 8 LASD

Issue 1, select or deselect the non-icis groups.
Issue 2, do I need all the sites for just the Verdugo talkgroups or can I select down the ones just for Verdugo?

What I'm trying to do is set up my scanner like this
90 Santa Clarita/AV
91 Valley
92 Verdugo Cities
93 Foothill
94 West LA
95 Central LA
96 East
97 San Gabriel Valley
98 South Bay

And within each system
Group 2 County Fire
Group 3 City FDs
Group 5 Avaiation
Group 6 Police Depts
Group 7 CHP
Group 8 Sheriff
(Don't ask why they're assigned as they're assigned, just a memory thing for me)

GregHiggins

Premium Subscriber
BTW, it's "ICS", no 2nd "I". And you might want to setup a 9x just for the ICS freqs as they are used by all of the different agencies.

Eng74

I think I see what you are wanting to do. Here is something that might be near to what you want. Set up the ICIS site to their one key. Then set up a conventional system with the groups like you have listed.

karldotcom

Since I live in Burbank, I created a trunked ICIS system AND a conventional system and both put them in one Quick Key for the city (396T)

For my 796, which has ten 100 channel banks, I have one bank with the Glendale ICIS system with only fire tallk groups, LAFD, LACFD, Downey, Bev Hills, and then another bank of 100 channels for wildfire, usfs, all those utacs and vtacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.