Needing Help in DSDPLus 2.165

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

I just purchased a year of DSD+ Fastlane. I am not accustomed to editing batch files this much. The only thing I know how to do is edit the batch file for various digital voice modes. I am not a speedy learner when more is demanded out of me. I hope you're patient with me. I will catch on eventually.

I need to program DSD+ 2.165 for this system
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=10198
I also downloaded a csv file for United States-States posted in the DSD Plus Fastlane update thread for 2.165. What to do with it?

In advance I would like to mention that things really do need to be spelled out.

S

simpilo

For starters, what frequency is the control channel using? And does it change every day?
851.9875MHZ I am not sure it changes daily. It is being tested. There are two sites. the first site has the active CC. I do not know the commandline for P25PII

S

simpilo

well now this happens. It wont hold connection. This has to be fixed prior to proceeding and I have no clue.

Attachments

• nowthishappens.jpg
    nowthishappens.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 53

slicerwizard

In the other thread you started, you posted a picture of "what is in my DSD Plus folder", except it looks more like what's in the 2.165 zip file you got. It doesn't have the batch files (like CC.bat and VC.bat) that should've been in your 1.101 folder, or the DSD+ data file (DSDPlus.networks, .sites, .groups, .radios, .frequencies, ...)

The FL notes file is pretty clear that you're supposed to add the FL files to an existing DSD+ folder, which for you would be your 1.101 folder or a new FL folder that you created and then copied the 1.101 files into and then added all of the FL files to. You also need the FFTW DLL that the notes refer to. You really need to start from the correct place, then we move forward.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just for kicks:

1. Download https://www.dsdplus.com/dl/DSDPlus1p101.zip -- Unarchive it to a brand new empty folder (like c:\dsdplus or something similar)
2. Download https://www.dsdplus.com/dl/DSDPlusDLLs.zip -- Unarchive it to that same folder
3. Unarchive your DSDPlus 2.165 Fastlane files into that same folder (and overwrite anything existing)
4. If you are a new Fast Lane member, you should also download this file:

ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.3.5-dll32.zip

Extract the libfftw3f-3.dll file from the zipfile (it is the largest file in the zipfile)
and copy it to that new folder that you installed 1 through 3 in

5. Edit the fmp24-cc.bat, fmp24-vc.bat, cc.bat and vc.bat if necessary

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok, well unarchive the 1.65 FastLane stuff right into it. Then grab that one download mentioned, unarchive it, and grab the DLL from it and put it in that directory. Then create / edit the FMP24-CC.bat, FMP24-VC.bat, CC.bat, and VC.bat.

You might end up having to get us some screenshots of everything in action (all the screens running) and show us what it looks like.

S

simpilo

Step #4 above is important. You can't omit that.

I just rebuilt the folder following the steps let me test it on tinker AFB P25 P1 the P25 PII system for Oklahoma City is idling and not ideal to test with.

S

simpilo

Step #4 above is important. You can't omit that.

So now it's decoding the CC channel. in the image is all the CC stuff and on the right is the VC stuff. I can't get over that tcp connection error it keeps displaying. No clue to as what that is.

Attachments

• whatwehavesofar.jpg
    whatwehavesofar.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 32
S

simpilo

So now i see what first to do. Is tune it to a known Control Channel (frequency) to see it start working. My question is do I let it build up a DSDRadios file then edit that file for group ID tag(s)?? Thats my biggest worry because I never done that before. I been spoiled with easy to use Unitrunker and Trunk88 lol.

It did decode what was not encrypted on Tinker AFB's P25 PI system. Really cant hear much because most of it is encryption and the lower priority radios are in P1 digital.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Please show a directory listing that includes all of the files in your directory that begin with "FMP" -- with date/timestamps as well.
When you start up your FMP24 copies, what does it say the version number is on each of them?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
So now i see what first to do. Is tune it to a known Control Channel (frequency) to see it start working. My question is do I let it build up a DSDRadios file then edit that file for group ID tag(s)?? Thats my biggest worry because I never done that before. I been spoiled with easy to use Unitrunker and Trunk88 lol.

That question is beyond my pay grade. I always use blank DSDPlus.radios and DSDPlus.groups files and then let my monitoring build them up. Then I'll eventually go in and edit them with Notepad (being very careful in the process). If you are going to edit any of the files, make a backup of them first just in case. There are probably ways to populate those files automatically with data from the database or an Excel file, but I've never wanted/needed to do that so I haven't investigated that. I just add / edit manually.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You'll want to do some investigating regarding how to properly edit / add information to the DSDPlus.* files like DSDPlus.networks, DSDPlus.sites and DSDPlus.frequencies. Those files will have to be edited to support full trunking of any DMR / NXDN / IDAS / TIII trunked stuff that you might listen to. And they should be edited for the P25 sites you listen to as well. But they don't _have_ to be edited for P25 systems since bandplans and frequencies on P25 systems are obtained over the control channel.

S

simpilo

That question is beyond my pay grade. I always use blank DSDPlus.radios and DSDPlus.groups files and then let my monitoring build them up. Then I'll eventually go in and edit them with Notepad (being very careful in the process). If you are going to edit any of the files, make a backup of them first just in case. There are probably ways to populate those files automatically with data from the database or an Excel file, but I've never wanted/needed to do that so I haven't investigated that. I just add / edit manually.

Says v2.165 in all of the FMP.exe CC and VC and DSD+
Alot in that folder now (DSD101 with 2.165 updates, fft library, dll's)

Attachments

• inside1.jpg
    inside1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 23
  • inside2.jpg
    inside2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 24
  • inside3.jpg
    inside3.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 21

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Even if you aren't monitoring a control channel, you shouldn't get that non-blocking error. That usually happens when you are using older versions of FMP24 with newer DSDPlus FastLane distributions.

Just make sure that every files from the latest FastLane release is in your DSDPlus folder, overwriting the original versions that may have been there from before. You should be running FMP24 v2.47

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
You are using FMP24, not FMP. FMP is the old stuff. FMP24 is new. But you could still have an older FMP24 in your directory.

When you start FMP24, it reports at the top of the screen its version number. It should be 2.47

Status
Not open for further replies.