Needing Help: Southwest Taney County

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
I live in far southwest Taney county near Ridgedale.

I have SDS100 and 200 scanners.

I am not able to receive any traffic from the Branson site on MOSIN
However, when looking at the Branson site range map, it indicates that (in the area I am located)
I should be receiving a relatively strong signal.

I confess… I do not use software to program my scanner, which I know I should.

But I went back to the Branson site frequencies listed in RR, inputted them, and still am not able to receive data or reception.

I can receive many other sites, including Taney 700, and others with the same NAC.

Question - Problem #2

This is not my current residence; It is a lake house for our family.

And therefore I do not keep track of changes.

If anyone could help me I would sincerely appreciate this.. either through a -private message- or on this board.

Under Taney County, I have noticed several DMR categories that have Branson sites, one of which includes the Missouri Highway Patrol. (??)

Thank you, sincerely, to anyone kind enough to offer me assistance.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You should have no problems with the Branson site in Ridgedale. The Lampe site in Stone County also covers Ridgedale. Statewide systems do not honor county lines. For the SDS100 and SDS200, squelch should be set at 2. What antennas are you using for the 2 scanners.? Highway Patrol is on MOSWIN (suggest troops D and G). For EMS. Cox Branson Hospital, and the jail, you will need the DMR paid upgrade for your scanners. There are also businesses, amateur radio, and utilities using DMR.

Last edited:

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
You should have no problems with the Branson site in Ridgedale. The Lampe site in Stone County also covers Ridgedale. Statewide systems do not honor county lines. For the SDS100 and SDS200, squelch should be set at 2. What antennas are you using for the 2 scanners.? Highway Patrol is on MOSWIN (suggest troops D and G). For EMS. Cox Branson Hospital, and the jail, you will need the DMR paid upgrade for your scanners. There are also businesses, amateur radio, and utilities using DMR.

Would the Hollister 700 site include Branson PD and Highway Patrol?

I know it includes Stone county Sheriff.

Thanks