Negative Channel Dropout Delay?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCT-15X... Can someone please explain what Negative Channel Dropout Delay (Forced Resume) is/means? All I see is a few sets of negative #'s and I have Googled and Wiki'd and nothing seems to clarify what its purpose is... Much appreciated! :)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It means the scanner will resume after X number of seconds (X = the value after the negative number) regardless of whether or not the signal is still being received.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
It means the scanner will resume after X number of seconds (X = the value after the negative number) regardless of whether or not the signal is still being received.

So basically it's the same as regular delay except the negative (-) part means it will change channels regardless of a new transmission after the certain #?

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Not really. It means that it will force scan resume even if the transmission is still there. For example, if you set it to -5 and it stops on a transmission that lasts 10 seconds, it will resume scanning after 5 seconds (won't stay for the full transmission). Since most transmissions are only a couple of seconds long, using this setting on channels that hang with intermod or other interference can keep the scanner from "hanging" on such bad signals.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Not really. It means that it will force scan resume even if the transmission is still there. For example, if you set it to -5 and it stops on a transmission that lasts 10 seconds, it will resume scanning after 5 seconds (won't stay for the full transmission). Since most transmissions are only a couple of seconds long, using this setting on channels that hang with intermod or other interference can keep the scanner from "hanging" on such bad signals.

Gotcha, thanks! Also 1 more favor if you can, could you check out my feed using the Java Player real quick, I want to see if my alpha tags are having any delay... I heard from someone that there was a 2-3 second lag between the tag showing up and my audio starting, like the tag is sent right away from the scanner but the audio doesn't catch up for a couple seconds... If you could do that and tell me what you found I'd be much appreciative! my feed link should be at the top of this message... If you can't do it that's fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.