Negative Product Feedback On Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Have you guys ever read some of the negative Uniden product reviews on Amazon? Lol they're so ridiculous it's too darn funny. Almost none of the negative reviews are of the scanner itself, just a negative review because they couldn't figure it out.

Most of the reviews really boil down to the buyer's lack of reading the manual!

RTFM.

Most of the negative reviews are just downright funny. A lot of the negative reviews usually involve someone buying an analog scanner where their area requires a digital scanner. Yeah, that's not gonna let you pick up anything good! lol.

I know we were all new to the hobby once. But come on!

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Yes, in most instances the reviews are hysterical. Not even worth the room they take up. Sometimes I think people have lost the ability to read.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes, in most instances the reviews are hysterical. Not even worth the room they take up. Sometimes I think people have lost the ability to read.
The other problem is that they tend to lump all "Uniden scanner" reviews together. The poor review you are reading may really be for a different unit than you were looking at. Sometimes, if they include "item reviewed" details, you can spot those, but that is not always noted.

rwier

A statistical analysis might show that nearly all bad scanner reviews on Amazon are made without consulting the RR Forums first. Many times you see a shaken, angry, new owner make their first post here, and after a few posts become happy, happy, happy. Without support from RR resources (at least Mark's ETRMs), I doubt I would be completely happy with any of my scanners.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
The other problem is that they tend to lump all "Uniden scanner" reviews together. The poor review you are reading may really be for a different unit than you were looking at. Sometimes, if they include "item reviewed" details, you can spot those, but that is not always noted.

Yes, I noticed the lumping together of reviews! I also noticed that most of the bad reviews are for the scanners that don't have the "punch in the zip code" and go ability.

lol...so I can see why this zipcode feature is here to stay!

But for the love of sweet baby Jesus, don't keep dumbing down the scanners! I can see a trend starting with the Uniden BCD436HP and the Uniden BCD536HP. Simple stuff, like " scan" and "hold" "lock out" has been removed. (Well, except for HOLD but that is now in small print)

People are seriously so stupid they can't figure out "scan" "hold" "lock out" ?????

*face palm*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.