New 6-Meter repeater in Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5TWB

Tulsa Amateur Radio Club (TARC)

Input 53.15
Output 51.45

PL 88.5/88.5

This info has been submitted for the database but I wanted to post it here so hams throughout NE OK can check it out. Signal and range reports are welcome in this thread.

plaws

Premium Subscriber

Input 53.15
Output 51.45

PL 88.5/88.5

This info has been submitted for the database but I wanted to post it here so hams throughout NE OK can check it out. Signal and range reports are welcome in this thread.

Now ... is this actually generating RF? Because there are hundreds and hundreds of repeaters listed on 6 m, but only three of them (I believe) actually exist. :roll:

I will listen from Norman. I don't think I've ever tuned my rig to 6m FM, but will for this. Plenty of SSB and even CW, just not FM.

N5TWB

ORSI has this the other direction, 53.15 out/51.45 in. Now, the ORSI database is not known for consistency or accuracy, so your listing may well be right, but I thought I'd check ... Coordinated Repeater Listings for Oklahoma - February 3, 2016 | Oklahoma Repeater Society Inc

Good to know - I hadn't checked the ORSI listing yet. What I do know is that I was standing in front of the repeater cabinet this morning and saw the displays on the Kenwood radios. I'll look into this further.

ETA: After thinking about this a little bit, I think we changed this up because of where the antenna landed after trimming/tuning and running on the analyzer. I'm sending a note to our technical repeater guru to have him freshen my memory.

Last edited:

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the effort, time and money to put a 6 mtr repeater on the air....anywhere! I am driving up that way next week and will give it a try.

N5TWB

Thanks for the effort, time and money to put a 6 mtr repeater on the air....anywhere! I am driving up that way next week and will give it a try.

Great - since it's so new, I hope there's somebody there for you. It may take a while for it to get enough radios in the area.

n5bew1

Input 53.15
Output 51.45

PL 88.5/88.5

So what is the sites location antenna height power output??

N5TWB

So what is the sites location antenna height power output??

Location: Skyline Building (the one with the Tulsa Community College and Tulsa Technology Center logos on it), 41st Street & I-44. This puts it on a ridge with an excellent view to the horizon.

Height: approx. 110'

Power output: I forgot to confirm the final setting with the builder but our conversation earlier was that he planned to set it around 75 watts.

n5bew1

Location: Skyline Building (the one with the Tulsa Community College and Tulsa Technology Center logos on it), 41st Street & I-44. This puts it on a ridge with an excellent view to the horizon.

Height: approx. 110'

Power output: I forgot to confirm the final setting with the builder but our conversation earlier was that he planned to set it around 75 watts.

Thank you very much

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
My trip up that way was has been rescheduled!!! So maybe another week...
I just today noticed the Alinco DR-06T is now a 50 watt radio....YEAH! I may go get one at HRO and have it in the truck...no more dragging out the PC to program the Moto radio. I would think at $239 that would be a great rig to talk up for use on the new repeater....

N5TWB

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Your info and the ORSI info is correct - I was wrong. Input 51.450, output 53.150, PL 88.5 on both sides.

Power is 60 watts into the duplexer, 50 watts out of the duplexer.

Hey, at least what ORSI publishes (as opposed to what they probably have in their "real" database) is not of good quality so I thought I'd confirm. Besides, repeater splits (and direction) are not nearly as standardized as they are on 2 m or even 70 cm.

Well, good! Hope it all works well!

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I just today noticed the Alinco DR-06T is now a 50 watt radio....YEAH! I may go get one at HRO and have it in the truck...no more dragging out the PC to program the Moto radio. I would think at $239 that would be a great rig to talk up for use on the new repeater....

Cheapham,com has it for $225! Dunno about shipping/tax/etc.

That is a good price. Just be aware that most of the activity on 6 is SSB/CW (and JTx) and not FM. BUT ... if you're in Tulsa, you now have a repeater, something we don't have at the other end of the Turner.

Motoflightmedic

Premium Subscriber
Is this repeater still on the air? are there any others that you guys know of that are operational in the TX, OK, AR, KS, CO or NM areas? i am programming up my X9000 low band and would like to put as many working repeaters in it as can.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Is this repeater still on the air? are there any others that you guys know of that are operational in the TX, OK, AR, KS, CO or NM areas? i am programming up my X9000 low band and would like to put as many working repeaters in it as can.

I never heard it (though I am not in Tulsa). Can anyone confirm that it was ever on the air?

N5TWB

I never heard it (though I am not in Tulsa). Can anyone confirm that it was ever on the air?

Since I'm the site contact for that repeater, I can confirm it has definitely been on the air as I was right at the repeater when it has been serviced. I'll check it out further and advise. It's always possible there's been a power issue but there are two other repeaters in the same cabinet and have had no reports of issues on those repeaters. Thanks for checking in!

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Since I'm the site contact for that repeater, I can confirm it has definitely been on the air as I was right at the repeater when it has been serviced. I'll check it out further and advise. It's always possible there's been a power issue but there are two other repeaters in the same cabinet and have had no reports of issues on those repeaters. Thanks for checking in!

Great news!!

Status
Not open for further replies.