New antenna site in Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

Last week I noticed an antenna crew installing a short tower with three fiberglass antennas on it and a separate mast with on antenna on it. This was located on top of the Vista building at Peters and Main in Norman. No idea on frequency of the system.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
This was located on top of the Vista building at Peters and Main in Norman. No idea on frequency of the system.

Do we still call it that? Or is it the "nice mural from the east" building? It's been what, 10 years now, since it almost fell down and the Vista Vamoosed? :D

IIRC, there was an FM broadcast station transmitter there for a while. Maybe related?

n5bew1

Do we still call it that? Or is it the "nice mural from the east" building? It's been what, 10 years now, since it almost fell down and the Vista Vamoosed? :D

IIRC, there was an FM broadcast station transmitter there for a while. Maybe related?
I am old so I still call it the Vista. 107.1 Christian rock KOUJ is the station there. I might need to bite the bullet and do some searching of the FCC website by lat and long to see if some new is listed.

n5bew1

I see a new 4 or 5 element beam on the roof now. It is pointing SSE. The elements look a little long for VHF high band (150 Mhz) Maybe the little known 70 Mhz point to point band??

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I see a new 4 or 5 element beam on the roof now. It is pointing SSE. The elements look a little long for VHF high band (150 Mhz) Maybe the little known 70 Mhz point to point band??

It would likely be in the FCC DB somewhere ... Not sure where STLs are - ULS or elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.