• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New ARFF rigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Saw a new ARFF rig (Red 7) and new stair trucks at maintenance this week... thought you guys may be interested.
DFD keeps stair trucks at ARFF 1 & 3. These new ones are rather plush, I think. Not sure if they'll have DFD or the basic DIA markings.

Attachments

Nice...I got to drive one of those at a "undisclosed" location.....fun...just another chapter for the "vehicles I have no business driving" book

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
>Nice...I got to drive one of those at a "undisclosed" location.....fun...just another chapter for the "vehicles I have no business driving" book<
Cool! That's one of the two things I want to do before I retire...the other is taxi a triple 7.....

n0doz said:
Saw a new ARFF rig (Red 7) and new stair trucks at maintenance this week... thought you guys may be interested.
DFD keeps stair trucks at ARFF 1 & 3. These new ones are rather plush, I think. Not sure if they'll have DFD or the basic DIA markings.
Hello n0doz
Is DIA going to do a complete replacement of the E-One Titans with the Oshkosh Strikers quickly or will it be a gradual one?

Frank

Toneslider12 said:
It's nice to see that the DIA and DFD fleet will all be Pierce soon
The folks at Front Range should be happy with that. Our entire fleet is Pierce, with two more on the way. Pretty nice trucks (even if not the cheapest).

Status
Not open for further replies.