New BCT-15 owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hey everyone,
I recently purchased the bct 15 with remote head.
Is there anything that some of the other bct15 owners have run into. Problems, quirks. that sort of thing?

Thanks in advance.

Smerri

One thing that happened when I bought mine was that I had the Bear Tracker on so every few seconds as I was listening to a transmission, it would pause out for a half a second, and I personally did not like it, so I turned Bear Tracker off for smooth and easy listening. This may be something you may not mind, and therefore may not be a problem for you, but I know for me, I did not like it at all.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Although I know that Uniden intended this as an upscale BCT 8, I think the Bear Tracker thing is silly. However, other than that it's a great non digital scanner. The only consistent problem that I've heard of is related to the keypad and the display. There is a sticky regarding that on this forum, so I won't recount it here.

Great scanner for the money.

Gary

SCPD

QRT
thanks guys.
I will keep and eye on the display. since it will be going into my truck this would be a major issue to watch out for. hopefully uniden has been informed about this problem and has devised a method for fixing it. :roll:
I agree with Warrior: this would be a better feature if you could edit the freqs in the beartracker system.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.