New Bedford DMR System Decoded

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

Talkgroups decoded while Listening.
TG 1- New Bedford EMA Base ID is (Headquarters) or EOC during activations.
TG 3- New Bedford DPI (Repair)
TG 4- New Bedford DFFM (Maintainance)
TG 5- New Bedford Inspectional Services/ Health Dept.
TG 6- New Bedford Council on Aging. (Buses) ID as Base
TG 7- New Bedford Airport (Future Use) still uses 39.64 Low Band. (Plow trucks)
TG 8- Spare TG 1.
TG 9- Spare TG 2.
Also New Bedford Housing Authority operates their own DMR Repeater on 453.0500. New Bedford Port Authority still operate on 154.340 PL 141.3 (Simplex)
New Bedford also maintains an Inter-Agency Analog Repeater on 452.4500 DPL 243. This is only for major Incidents/Special Events. This Repeater is for City Use Only.

KB1UAM

453.4875 (voice)
460.3750 (voice)
Not sure what the Color codes are for the System. Call sign is WQQI713. Not sure if it's a Capacity Plus system or not either.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The transmitting is down near the water, maybe on Melville Towers or one of the nearby taller buildings.

A

Analog-Surf-1963

Transmitter is located at the City Yard on Liberty Street in New Bedford on a tower.

There is 75 foot Rohn 25G in the city yard with 2 antennas on it.
its kinda in a hole over there.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The FCC database has the transmitters further down towards the water. I wasn't able to get an exact address, but my guess of Melville Towers is probably pretty close. Since I don't have any clients down that way, I have to plan a separate trip. Which I'll try to get to over the next couple of weeks.

There is 75 foot Rohn 25G in the city yard with 2 antennas on it.
its kinda in a hole over there.

A

Analog-Surf-1963

There is nothing on Melville Towers for two way radios but the Apartment building to the south side across route
6 looks like the command center for "Skynet" so I place my bet that's the building. .

garys

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense. I had forget the exact address, but I had a hard time finding it. I guessed Melville Towers, but it was just that. I was able to confirm that the location was not at the DPW yard.

There is nothing on Melville Towers for two way radios but the Apartment building to the south side across route
6 looks like the command center for "Skynet" so I place my bet that's the building. .

A

Analog-Surf-1963

There is also a verticle array of 4 uhf yagi's in a pole off the old New Bedford Hotel across the street from that apartment house too. Noticed that in the past - didn't look lately.

The antenn'a at city yard on the tower are old school Phelps Dodge VHF Hi band and I bet they have not been used in years. There is also a 50 foot Rohn 25g at the high school in the storage lot that has the cities rechargable cars which looks like a low band antenna. Thats is near the city yard.

Seeing I live in New Bedford its not an issue to drive by a location and look with the Mk 1 eyeball.

Pete N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
It helps to be able to eyeball a site sometimes.

As it happens I'm in north New Bedford this morning and have some time to kill. I've been able to reconfirm the three frequencies use. It's not very active this morning, so I've only heard one TG so far.

I've also been able to reconfirm the frequencies on Site 11 on the RDC NXDN UHF network.

There is also a verticle array of 4 uhf yagi's in a pole off the old New Bedford Hotel across the street from that apartment house too. Noticed that in the past - didn't look lately.

The antenn'a at city yard on the tower are old school Phelps Dodge VHF Hi band and I bet they have not been used in years. There is also a 50 foot Rohn 25g at the high school in the storage lot that has the cities rechargable cars which looks like a low band antenna. Thats is near the city yard.

Seeing I live in New Bedford its not an issue to drive by a location and look with the Mk 1 eyeball.

Pete N1EXA

KB1UAM

Can any of you guys submit this info into the database. This system isn't in the database on this website. Seems like we have all the info needed to submit the data.

ecps92

You are the one posting the TG's as confirmed, so if actually valid you should be making the submissions

Unless there is something in question we don't know about ??
Can any of you guys submit this info into the database. This system isn't in the database on this website. Seems like we have all the info needed to submit the data.

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
453.4875 (voice)
460.3750 (voice)
Not sure what the Color codes are for the System. Call sign is WQQI713. Not sure if it's a Capacity Plus system or not either.
Im Using a 996P2 With DMR and Ive entered it in As a TRBO System and It works
with Group 1 and Group 3, So Im hearing Emergency Managment and some city trucks running around using "Any Slot" and "Any CC" but Here is the question.
Do you you need the LCN entered in an order on each frequency because
this is not acting like its an active system. Yes I'm getting conversations but it seems pretty quiet because i'm not hearing the inspectors nor the senior bus
dispatch on talk groups 4 5 and 6. Seems to me i'm missing somthing.

Peter N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's a Capacity Plus system, so should be entered that way. Color Code is 1.

The following three frequencies are the ones I have as active.

Frequency LCN

453.487500 1
460.375000 2
460.025000 3

These frequencies were not active as of last spring, but that can always change.

In ARC XT program it is a MotoTrbo system. Enter the frequencies, LCN, and CC data in the site. Set ID Mode to Search and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.