New Bound Brook FD Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Bound Brook Fire Department just had their Fire Repeater installed at Police Headquarters on Saturday, December 18th. Their new plan is as follows:

Channel Name Output Input PL
Fire Repeater 155.115 158.76 100.0
Fire Talkaround 155.115 NONE 100.0

I will keep monitoring and will post when new info is discovered. As of now, i don't know how DPW and OEM will operate, as since their channel is being used as the output.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Ok, here's news about this repeater from a trusted source:

The new repeater will not carry 155.115, the FD and PD will have new frequencies, I'll get you those by tomorrow. 155.115 is the primary freq. for the BBOEM, we hold the license, it's been a problem with SBB for a long time...at one point we had a problem with SBBPD, our FD was on Ch 3 (155.115) as a fire ground freq. SBBPD ordered us off the air so they could order coffee, etc....we did have a meeting...

W2SJW

Database Admin
And he followed up about 15 minutes later when I asked who the 'official' user of the new repeater is:

'The last I heard it was the BBPD, FD and a spot for the squad. It's not completely installed, we're waiting for the antenna at the high school.'

mikea7531

Feed Provider
I look forward to recieving the info. PD already has their new frequency, it's 151.28 (the input is still 154.905). The FD recieved 1 new frequency thus far (158.76, currently being used as the input to their repeater) and 155.115 is currently being used as the repeater output (this has been confirmed for now, so far two fire calls and those frequency pairs have been used for input/output to the Fire Repeater).

South Bound Brook PD does not utilize the 155.115 frequency themselves any longer since they have moved up to UHF, and soon will be migrating to the county TRS. They however allowed the first aid squad to utilize 155.115 as their coordination frequency.

Please keep me updated if you find out more info.

Thanks!

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Very good info, Bound Brook can definetly use another repeater for all of their emergency services. Right now just the frequencies are up in the air, but we're pretty sure of the users now since you still have inside contact information.

Thanks!

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Problems with repeater.

After monitoring the new Bound Brook FD Repeater on 155.115, i've already noticed one problem. Ever since the repeater went on the air, i've been hearing a lot of paging traffic from River Vale Twp. (KDR464) it sounds like it's coming through the repeater. Looking at the signal meter on the OS535, it showed it at full stregth, which to me is odd because River Vale is near the NY border in North Jersey, it's too far away to be that powerful here.

After doing some research on the FCC site, i've noticed that River Vale Twp. licenses 158.76 - The input to the Bound Brook Fire Repeater. On top of all that, they must be using the same PL as Bound Brook PL:100.0 and Bound Brook's repeater is now repeating traffic from a distant River Vale Twp. transmitter. What's next for Bound Brook??

W2SJW

Database Admin
I felt bad for Middlesex Boro for a while. Ever see how big their tower is behind PD HQ? Pike County, PA has a main fire repeater on this:

154.44500 153.77000 WNHQ590 RM 173.8 PL 1 Fire FM

During band-openings in the spring and fall, they must be getting SLAMMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.