• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New Brunswick PD/FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

How far north do New Brunswick PD and FD transmissions travel? Just curious because I cannot get even the faintest signal on either frequency up in Jersey City. But I can get nearby Edison FD loud and clear from up here. When I lived in New Brunswick I was able to get some reception of Jersey City PD/FD.

pdfdems286

if this help's i can't get jcpd from home either.i live in central-eastern monmouth county.no signal on my scanner hooked to my attic mounted discone.no receive on a dual band ham portable with a uhf antenna either.the ham portable has about the best uhf coverage i ever received also.i have not tried jcfd in awhile.i don't think i get them either.i can pick up nbfd and i think nbpd as well.nbfd is l/c here.can't get newark pd either.if i go over the "hills of atlantic highlands" into the middletown area i start receiving both.i think the hill's effectively block the signal's.although i'm not a police listner per se,however i would occasionally be interested in listening to both of them for the action.

SCPD

ansky said:
How far north do New Brunswick PD and FD transmissions travel? Just curious because I cannot get even the faintest signal on either frequency up in Jersey City. But I can get nearby Edison FD loud and clear from up here. When I lived in New Brunswick I was able to get some reception of Jersey City PD/FD.

If you check the FCC database, it will tell you how much power they are supposed to be using. A Motorola engineer told me in mountainous terrain for every 1 watt is good for 1/2 mile. In flat terrain, 1 watt is good for 1 mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.