New Brunswick PD/FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

How far north do New Brunswick PD and FD transmissions travel? Just curious because I cannot get even the faintest signal on either frequency up in Jersey City. But I can get nearby Edison FD loud and clear from up here. When I lived in New Brunswick I was able to get some reception of Jersey City PD/FD.

scannersnstuff

if this help's i can't get jcpd from home either.i live in central-eastern monmouth county.no signal on my scanner hooked to my attic mounted discone.no receive on a dual band ham portable with a uhf antenna either.the ham portable has about the best uhf coverage i ever received also.i have not tried jcfd in awhile.i don't think i get them either.i can pick up nbfd and i think nbpd as well.nbfd is l/c here.can't get newark pd either.if i go over the "hills of atlantic highlands" into the middletown area i start receiving both.i think the hill's effectively block the signal's.although i'm not a police listner per se,however i would occasionally be interested in listening to both of them for the action.

SCPD

QRT
ansky said:
How far north do New Brunswick PD and FD transmissions travel? Just curious because I cannot get even the faintest signal on either frequency up in Jersey City. But I can get nearby Edison FD loud and clear from up here. When I lived in New Brunswick I was able to get some reception of Jersey City PD/FD.

If you check the FCC database, it will tell you how much power they are supposed to be using. A Motorola engineer told me in mountainous terrain for every 1 watt is good for 1/2 mile. In flat terrain, 1 watt is good for 1 mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.