New Buncombe County TG identifed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJIComm1

Black Mtn PD has went Viper whether full time or what i dont know but hearing all dispatch on TG 6040. Will keep listening to see if this is a permanent switch

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

AlphaFive

Buncombe

There are times coincidences are just stinkin amazing. I swear to ya I did not see this post until 5 minutes ago. ... Last night was the night I stumbled onto the Black Mountain P.D., hence the VIPER post this morning. This one has me shaking my head and laughing. Take care, Lance

AJIComm1

There are times coincidences are just stinkin amazing. I swear to ya I did not see this post until 5 minutes ago. ... Last night was the night I stumbled onto the Black Mountain P.D., hence the VIPER post this morning. This one has me shaking my head and laughing. Take care, Lance
Thats ok. I had assumed you replied to the wrong thread

Take care Brandon

AlphaFive

Black Mountain

I'm sure it was just my imagination, but did it seem to you that there was more activity than there should have been for such a small town? I spent 25 years in a 40 Officer Department, and what I heard would have been a busy night.. Maybe I just don't know Black Mountain, but it did not fit.

AJIComm1

I'm sure it was just my imagination, but did it seem to you that there was more activity than there should have been for such a small town? I spent 25 years in a 40 Officer Department, and what I heard would have been a busy night.. Maybe I just don't know Black Mountain, but it did not fit.
I am wondering if Black Mtn also Dispatches for Montreat College. I heard them dispatch 800 units which is BMPD but then i also heard then calling 300 units. But the 300 units used more of plain text instead of 10 codes

AlphaFive

Black Mountain

Ahh yes, that makes sense. I did hear 300 I.D.'s being used. I was thinking that maybe the S.O. had taken over contractually providing Law Enforcement Coverage, and just went to VIPER for the Black Mountain radio system, but I have not seen any news coverage on that, and that would be BIG News if that happened. Think your right with the Montreat Idea

AJIComm1

I know buncombe so uses the following unit ids
Adam- days patrol
Baker- night patrol
Charlie- days patrol
David- night patrol
Paul- power squad swing shift
Sam- court security
400- jail staff
500- CID/Detectives
William- Woodfin PD
100- Weaverville PD

Come to think of it Biltmore Forest PD i haven't heard in a long time. But i heard they are still VHF

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am wondering if Black Mtn also Dispatches for Montreat College. I heard them dispatch 800 units which is BMPD but then i also heard then calling 300 units. But the 300 units used more of plain text instead of 10 codes

If you would please, let us know if the RIDs are noticeably different on the 300 and 800 units (and anyone else who might be on there) so we can update the wiki with them. Don't have a lot of Buncombe County RIDs right now. thanks.

AJIComm1

If you would please, let us know if the RIDs are noticeably different on the 300 and 800 units (and anyone else who might be on there) so we can update the wiki with them. Don't have a lot of Buncombe County RIDs right now. thanks.
We will for sure

AlphaFive

Buncombe

I know buncombe so uses the following unit ids
Adam- days patrol
Baker- night patrol
Charlie- days patrol
David- night patrol
Paul- power squad swing shift
Sam- court security
400- jail staff
500- CID/Detectives
William- Woodfin PD
100- Weaverville PD

Come to think of it Biltmore Forest PD i haven't heard in a long time. But i heard they are still VHF

It's been a long time since I have had the opportunity to hear those guys, thanks to 'coughh' arghh encryption. But.yes the number pattern was the same, in the hundreds, three digits.

AlphaFive

Black Mountain

Well, AJIComm1, your were correct on the idea that Montreat was dispatched by Black Mountain. The Black Mountain units are 800's. Unit 333 was dispatched in Montreat to a specific location. Due to an unfortunate series of events beginning with power flickering at 0015 hours, I lost my EZ Scan display with the radio i.d's, still trying to figure out why it's not displaying on the TRX 2 playback, so be it. Everything recovered fine and is working now.
So, as far as radios are concerned, Black Mountain and Montreat are one and the same. They were using the same dispatcher up until 0015.....

cino

I spent some time a while back working on this and never got as far as i should have. i looked over the database to see if i could dump it to my bcd436hp but i couldnt find it listed in the database. does anyone know if it ever got added or am I over looking it?
Tia

nated1992

So I put some logging up with one of the old SDRs and it appears it is BMPD and Monttreat however it's not consistent here them for a day and gone for two type thing. I'm also in Haywood county so that may play a part

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I will need to point a yagi that way ans see what I get. Northern Greenville County SC here.

Status
Not open for further replies.