New Chicago OEMC Public Safety - 800 MHz P25

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Please discuss any new or existing SITES, TALKGROUPS, users, RADIO/USER IDs here.

Please start and update pages in the WIKI to help track of TALKGROUPS and RIDs/UIDs.
Current page: http://wiki.radioreference.com/inde...t_of_Aviation_-_800_MHz_P25_Phase_II_RID/UIDs

This can help us identify who is using what.

Don't forget to submit KNOWN TALKGROUPS and USERS to the database.

Also, if the OLD SYSTEM for any users is NO LONGER in use, please let us know!

Thanks!
Terry W

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
As this system is starting to come on line, I hope we use some restraint when it comes to posting. While I don't think their is any harm in identifying confirmed talk groups or radio ID's, there has been times in the past where someone wants to stream conversations of public safety radio systems which is how encryption becomes necessary for the users. Many suburban departments are sold on the Cook County system for the sole purpose of not being able to be monitored...oh and interoperability.

While I don't know the intended users of the newest system coming on line , Midway Airport has converted their UHF digital to the first leg of this system. Recently the older UHF radios are now coming up in "fail" mode and are immediately being replaced with the newer 800 Mhz. radios as the older "legacy" system is being slowly removed. This system isn't very strong like it's predecessor, but if you happen to be at Midway for a pick up or drop off, it's convenient to be able to hear what is going on. I could easily stream this system, but I refuse to as they do not have any encrypted talk groups in use and I don't want to "poke the bear". In addition, their is a lot of regular construction traffic and it can be very busy like other airports during peak travel times, weather events etc.

I have submitted some confirmed talk groups to the database so we can all enjoy some monitoring. Radio technicians are working most weekdays and doing various grid or matrix range testing. They are conscience of the ability to monitor and are trying to use names but we should also be conscience of the fact encryption is just a computer stroke away.

We have policed ourselves pretty well with DuCom and the Will County systems. These systems will also require the average Joe to have some programming knowledge instead of just punching in a few frequencies to listen. The CPD had an older 800 mhz analog system that provided some very intense listening in the past, but the internet came alive and some decided to discuss covert surveillance's, elected official movements and various other things you didn't hear normally.

Let's think before we stream or post.

Last edited:

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Man I wish there was a plus 1 button or thanks button on this site. I could not have said it better my self shades!
As this system is starting to come on line, I hope we use some restraint when it comes to posting. While I don't think their is any harm in identifying confirmed talk groups or radio ID's, there has been times in the past where someone wants to stream conversations of public safety radio systems which is how encryption becomes necessary for the users. Many suburban departments are sold on the Cook County system for the sole purpose of not being able to be monitored...oh and interoperability.

While I don't know the intended users of the newest system coming on line , Midway Airport has converted their UHF digital to the first leg of this system. Recently the older UHF radios are now coming up in "fail" mode and are immediately being replaced with the newer 800 Mhz. radios as the older "legacy" system is being slowly removed. This system isn't very strong like it's predecessor, but if you happen to be at Midway for a pick up or drop off, it's convenient to be able to hear what is going on. I could easily stream this system, but I refuse to as they do not have any encrypted talk groups in use and I don't want to "poke the bear". In addition, their is a lot of regular construction traffic and it can be very busy like other airports during peak travel times, weather events etc.

I have submitted some confirmed talk groups to the database so we can all enjoy some monitoring. Radio technicians are working most weekdays and doing various grid or matrix range testing. They are conscience of the ability to monitor and are trying to use names but we should also be conscience of the fact encryption is just a computer stroke away.

We have policed ourselves pretty well with DuCom and the Will County systems. These systems will also require the average Joe to have some programming knowledge instead of just punching in a few frequencies to listen. The CPD had an older 800 mhz analog system that provided some very intense listening in the past, but the internet came alive and some decided to discuss covert surveillance's, elected official movements and various other things you didn't hear normally.

Let's think before we stream or post.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This system is slowly coming on line and updated talk groups have been posted. I have also seen some encrypted talk groups so this system will be a mix.

Site-3 (O'Hare Airport) has come on line in the past month. Site-2 (Midway Airport) has been linked to Site-1 (City Trunking) and expect the same thing to occur for Site-3. 27100 and 27101 have been transmitting Phase 2 and half of the Midway Airport talk groups are Phase 2 at this time. When Site-2 went on line last year, the entire system was Phase 2, then some of the talk groups are converted to Phase 1. Both O'Hare and Midway are licensed for emissions in Phase 2, while the rest of the system is licensed for Phase 1 emissions. A couple of pending licenses have yet to be activated.

I also posted a thread on an application at O'Hare that is licensed for Tetra emissions. Department of Aviation is the reported license holder.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Are these listed in the database so I can upload?

Encrypted talk groups? I haven't submitted them nor is their a reason to, we can't hear them.. Any confirmed users, yes they are there. I don't submit "I don't know who they are" information. Until I can confirm them, I don't submit them.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Received TG 27101 (With an RID of 300001) and TG 5111 (ENC, got a few RIDs in the 575xxxx range) earlier today...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I deleted a lot of crap, some posts may have had useful info but I'm not wasting my time sifting through them and editing.

Let's leave all the personal jabs for Facebook or something and get back to discussing the system in question.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Activity today on TGID 4001 in which the Filtration Plants were previously heard testing. These appeared to be laborers resetting pumps etc. Radio ID's were in 475xxxx range. Over the past two weeks, heard many radio testing in the 475xxxx range which coincides with the radios tagged today. Also heard testing on 271001 over the past couple weeks which might also be water department related but can't confirm.

Listen for calls to the "Leak Desk" which was very common on the VHF frequencies in the past. I will ask some of my Water Department people to see if they know anymore.

I also have documented TGID's 4002, 27100 testing in the past. Might or might not be related.

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys, I was in Rosemont a couple weeks ago and finally just posting. I didn't have much time to do listening but had programmed my Unication G4 with the Ohare site and couldn't receive any signal. I assume it's like Midway and somewhat limited but certainly will cover the area around the groups a fair distance. I checked programming even while I was there and still nothing. I had all the channels loaded as I do that with all my trunking and not just the CC. Thoughts from some of you more local on what I might have done wrong?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys, I was in Rosemont a couple weeks ago and finally just posting. I didn't have much time to do listening but had programmed my Unication G4 with the Ohare site and couldn't receive any signal. I assume it's like Midway and somewhat limited but certainly will cover the area around the groups a fair distance. I checked programming even while I was there and still nothing. I had all the channels loaded as I do that with all my trunking and not just the CC. Thoughts from some of you more local on what I might have done wrong?

800 analog system is still being used at O'Hare.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Grid testing the last couple of days on TGID 9012 by Motorola techs. P25/Phase 2/in the clear...for now.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Testing on TGID's 4012, 4013,4016....all radio ID's heard today were in the 475xx range, which were the same radio ID's previously heard on TGID 4001 which might be administrative usage based upon some previous radio traffic monitored. This would lead me to believe these talk groups will be assigned to the Department of Water Management. The filtration plants were also heard on TGID 4001 in the past. Will continue to monitor to confirm...

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Grid testing the last couple of days on TGID 9012 by Motorola techs. P25/Phase 2/in the clear...for now.

TGID 9001 also being used for grid testing. This sounds like it's citywide testing on both talk groups. Radio ID's in the 30000 series..