New City of LA antenna structure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

karldotcom

I came across this a while ago in the assembly stage, and decided to pull off and take some photos today. This is behind the City of LA Personnel Building on Temple/Vignes Streets. Any idea who is using it?

Attachments

• IMG_0772_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0772_edited-1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_0773_edited-2.jpg
    IMG_0773_edited-2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 625

Radio_Lady

City EOC and new OCD digs?

karldotcom said:
I came across this a while ago in the assembly stage, and decided to pull off and take some photos today. This is behind the City of LA Personnel Building on Temple/Vignes Streets. Any idea who is using it?
I haven't been down there in at least a year, but the new City Emergency Operations Center, LAFD Dispatch Center and Police Operations Center (whatever the heck that is, probably an enhanced Department Command Post, currently at the Metro Dispatch Center) were under construction on E Temple St, adjacent to new Fire Station 4.

"A 180-foot communications tower and 3,000 square feet accessory structure for the EOC-POC-FDC would be placed in the parking lot of the City’s Personnel Department building at 700 E. Temple Street."

That's an old document, but I'm too lazy to look up anything newer right now. <g>

Last edited:

commstar

Premium Subscriber

Wayne, Funny you should mention that.....

Attachments

• lapdoil.JPG
    lapdoil.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 443

karldotcom

I didnt notice those power lines when I was taking the photo.... This thing was shipped in pieces and assembled on site. I imagine it will be loaded with antennas and microwave links for every city and county system if it is connected to an EOC.

Last edited:

red8

That tower sort of reminds me of the tower at the old State Police Hq's in Baton Rouge, on South Foster. I remember when I was in cub scouts going there on a field trip. Right underneath inside the base was the State Police Crime Lab. There were power lines running to the building. My how things have changed
red8

Radio_Lady

Today's LAFD Blog says "Fire Station 4 (Civic Center), Standard Station and Dispatch Center at 450 East Temple Street. A groundbreaking ceremony on January 19, 2006 recognized the start of construction on a new 7-bay fire station, Fire Dispatch Center and City EOC that is now 98% complete. Completion is scheduled in July 2008. The in-service and Grand Opening dates have yet to be scheduled."

Radio_Lady said:
Today's LAFD Blog says "Fire Station 4 (Civic Center), Standard Station and Dispatch Center at 450 East Temple Street. A groundbreaking ceremony on January 19, 2006 recognized the start of construction on a new 7-bay fire station, Fire Dispatch Center and City EOC that is now 98% complete. Completion is scheduled in July 2008. The in-service and Grand Opening dates have yet to be scheduled."

Alot of those new station are awesome rrmdesign did a good job on them!

Can't wait to see what they came up for Soledad's new station.

Status
Not open for further replies.