New Cleveland Forest Freq coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireinoc

Premium Subscriber
Received this morning

This message is to notify you that the Cleveland National Forest’s “Forest Net” frequency will be down for 4-6 weeks starting December 2nd for a mandated radio frequency change. Our radio techs will be reprogramming all of the mountain top repeaters as well as base stations, mobiles and handhelds. During this time Cleveland NF “Administrative Net” will be our primary frequency. Once all the programming has been accomplished, we will advise you of the new frequency.

brandon

Database Admin
Will they be going P25? I noticed the CNF Law Net had changed freqs too a while back.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Being they run a lot of the older Daniels repeaters they would have to have received some decent funds to upgrade them, and Daniels sure aren't cheap. I'd wager a no P25 and yes to narrowband capability.

ruffzarf

CNF Freq change

Gee, I wondered why I wasn't hearing anything on 172.275. I work at Heartland Fire, and the last I knew they were changing over. Thanks a lot for the post about the postponement, I just plugged 168.750 back in again!

f40ph

Feed Provider
Too much intermod/interference or something - they rescinded the memo to my agency and advised to return to the original pair.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
The joys of the Federal government being licensed by NTIA and the non-Federal users being licensed by the FCC, and the occasional lack of coordination between the two.

When the CNF technicians tuned one of their repeaters to the new pair they found a broadcast entity is (legally) using the input frequency for a studio link, rendering the frequency unusable.

Mike_G_D

The joys of the Federal government being licensed by NTIA and the non-Federal users being licensed by the FCC, and the occasional lack of coordination between the two.

When the CNF technicians tuned one of their repeaters to the new pair they found a broadcast entity is (legally) using the input frequency for a studio link, rendering the frequency unusable.

Oh man, I'm laughing at that one! Logically, it seems like they would first tune the expected new frequencies on a test receiver and/or spectrum analyzer in the area(s) being affected before going so far as to actually tune their repeaters!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.