New Collier County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFBURNS2

Monitoring is not a spectator sport.
I believe I may have discovered a new Collier P25 system P25 800.

I have found 2 CC 856.9625 NAC 00Ah 857.4875 NAC 00Ah

It appears they are using channels from the license WNLK955. I do not see P25 under emission designator.

I am hearing Collier school buses and other transportation.

Running discovery and I will make a DB submission when I firm this up.

Anyone else?

RFBURNS2

The DB submission was made as schools. I am now seeing several TG’s unrealated to schools. Not sure if CCSO is testing or it will become the much talked about “new” P25 but I am certainly seeing a few LEO TG’s from time to time. The CP is up on this system at the County Fair for example.

RFBURNS2

A little digging reveals the FCC license grant adding emission designator modifications recently. I would say the intent is to migrate from the EDACS to the new P25 remaining on 800 and using the present license. I have heard plenty of testing none of it encrypted yet. I will submit a DB looking for a name change. This is more than schools.
https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Ap...E&applID=11286847&keyLoc=-1&pageNumToReturn=1

RFBURNS2

Update: The transition for Collier emergency services from analog EDACS to P25 Phase 2 system is well underway, It appears the City of Naples is completely on it with a patch or bridge back to old EDACS. Some appear to come and go and I suspect it has something to do weather or not a sub affiliates with the P2 TG. One DB submission was made creating the system six months ago. A new submission will be made soon updating what I have now.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Under digitalfrequencysearch.com there are 25 frequencies listed under P25. The 25 are a combination of the old system & the new P25 frequencies.
Ed

RFBURNS2

Yes! There has been chatter about all encryption on new P2. The present EDACS has plenty of ENC tg’s. I suspect when the transition is finished they too will be encrypted. For now Fire and the Districts and Ops are in the clear. I do not think everyone has migrated. D1 D2 Fire North, West the City are heard.

KC2EIP

Premium Subscriber
Yes! There has been chatter about all encryption on new P2. The present EDACS has plenty of ENC tg’s. I suspect when the transition is finished they too will be encrypted. For now Fire and the Districts and Ops are in the clear. I do not think everyone has migrated. D1 D2 Fire North, West the City are heard.

I have also been hearing a lot more P25 traffic recently, particularly starting July 1st. TGID 19011 seems to be Naples PD dispatch (in the clear for now). 13005 and 8 have a lot of Fire/EMS activity.

Encryption is probably inevitable. See the below link for the (behind schedule) plan to have "full encryption" for CCSO on the p25 system.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBBAH&usg=AOvVaw1x247KEvFv-enhGoUaIgdY

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Update: The transition for Collier emergency services from analog EDACS to P25 Phase 2 system is well underway, It appears the City of Naples is completely on it with a patch or bridge back to old EDACS. Some appear to come and go and I suspect it has something to do weather or not a sub affiliates with the P2 TG. One DB submission was made creating the system six months ago. A new submission will be made soon updating what I have now.

Out of curiously, same Rfburns from Natrona area?

KC2EIP

Premium Subscriber
As if this morning, I am noticing a lot more encryption on the Collier County Sheriff talkgroups. Some units on the dispatch channels are encrypted today but were in the clear yesterday. This is on the old system and the new P25.

KC2EIP

Premium Subscriber
As if this morning, I am noticing a lot more encryption on the Collier County Sheriff talkgroups. Some units on the dispatch channels are encrypted today but were in the clear yesterday. This is on the old system and the new P25.

Today was apparently a big day for the new P25 system and the EDACS transition. It seems that CCSO is now almost fully encrypted as of this afternoon. Marco Island police popped up on Talkgroup 17001. Fire/Rescue activity is increasing again in the 13xxx range.

shorowitz

From the CCSO social media page:
As you know, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office strives to share as much information as possible with our community.

However, as a matter of officer safety our public safety radio traffic is now encrypted. This means individuals with police scanners or scanner apps will no longer hear CCSO radio traffic.

A growing number of agencies across the United States are turning to encrypted radio traffic.

Fire and EMS traffic will remain open on scanners in Collier County. In addition, the crime maps on our website, www.colliersheriff.org, are a great resource for the community. These maps pull information directly from our Computer-Aided Dispatch and they are now updated every hour. Also, the Pulse Point app empowers citizens to provide real-time life-saving assistance to victims of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) and notifies them of other incidents such as brush fires, traffic crashes and road closures.

Encrypted radio traffic is going to be a change for all of us. Sheriff Rambosk has asked the Media Relations Bureau to continue to be as proactive as possible to ensure that CCSO posts information about newsworthy crime and safety related events that take place in our jurisdiction.

KC2EIP

Premium Subscriber
Another one bites the dust.

The comments on that social media post are mostly positive and praising the Sheriff's office for their decision to encrypt.

trooper890

Interesting, as general public seems to not really care about full time encryption, and even supports it.

Versus a very small minority of folks that are vocal opposing.

Nasby

Actually, Collier County listeners had been pretty lucky to have open comms on LE channels.

Especially considering the abundance of encryption in Florida.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if they had a Fire Tac for South County since they have Fire Dispatch for South County.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.