New Colorado Springs VHF System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
I received the following submission from a user, anyone in the Colorado Springs area able to verify the existence of this or provide additional information?

ok i dont know if this is anything or not but here we go
c/c searching I came up with this info using PSR600 & 996T.

138.8875 cc

138.0875 vc--|P25 ENC.
138.5575 vc--|P25 ENC.

On Gre-PSR600 lcd display N150 | W:Bee00 | S:002 | R001

On 996t read sys 0157h-010E (Display mode switch pterson afb

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
From my house near UCCS, I'm not hearing anything on that freq. I'll try to get down near the airport and see I can hear.

Cryptolog

Premium Subscriber
Nil heard

Was on PETE today and checked 138-144Mhz. Nothing heard at all. 406Mhz Motorola system ID 157 still working as usual. I guessing you may be hearing some sort of intermod product at your location.

greenthumb

Database Admin
It could be a mix inside of the radio, which is why I stuck the submission in the forums along with the fact that the submitter didn't seem sure about the accuracy of what was being sent in.

A mix would be a product of the original signal and it contains a system ID that we have not seen here before along with a WACN, site ID and RFSS ID, which makes me think that this is coming from somewhere. I would like to see someone else log this system before adding it to the db :\

I'll shoot a PM to the submitter to find out where exactly this signal was heard...and if you're the submitter and seeing this, feel free to chime in! :)

Last edited:

greenthumb

Database Admin
We got this narrowed down to the Warren AFB system in WY. It would appear that the Peterson AFB system in Colorado Springs is site 1 on that system and Warren AFB in Cheyenne is site 2.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Well, between Cryptolog and myself not hearing anything on this freq, it certainly seems like an "erroneous" find.

Status
Not open for further replies.